Our client has an exciting opportunity for a 1st Line Engineer to join them based in Solihull on a full time, permanent basis. You will be on a competitive salary of £20,000 - £25,000 per annum.
1st Line Engineer Job Role
You will provide a single point of contact for their customers to report network faults to the company. The Network Operations Centre provides support 24 x 7 x 365 across the entire client base whilst delivering an excellent customer service experience. The role is a key position within the organisation and will be instrumental in building customer relationships, delivery of Services and customer retention.
Key Responsibilities as their 1st Line Engineer
- Delivery of a world class customer service experience
- End to end Incident Management throughout the Incident lifecycle
- Supplier Management
- Create and submit knowledge article to increase 1st time fix rates
- Maintain & update NOC processes and procedures
- Ensuring faults are escalated and resolved within the customer contracted Service Level
- Pro-actively monitoring customer networks via the company’s internal monitoring system, investigating, troubleshooting and resolving issues
- Providing Incident management and technical resolution of 1st line network related faults and timely escalation to 2nd line when required
- Maintaining and updating the fault management systems throughout the Incident lifecycle
- Engaging and proactively feedback on system and process improvement
- Complete low-level Change requests
- Providing the customer with a key contact during the incident lifecycle
Experience and Qualifications needed to become their 1st Line Engineer
- Ideally previous work experience within a busy customer service centre in a Telecoms, Data Centre or IT
- Studying towards or gained an IT qualification e.g CCNA
- Able to demonstrate previous experience of working high pressure environments and dealing with pressurised situations.
- Good understanding of helpdesk or customer service environment
- A basic understanding of networking
- Enthusiastic, energetic & self-motivated
- Great communication skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- Team player
- Excellent analytical skills
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as their 1st Line Engineer then please click ‘apply’ now! They would love to hear from you!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job