Working as part of a well-established, successful and forward-thinking technology company, the 1st Line Customer Support Agent will be reporting to the Helpdesk Team Leader. The 1st Line Customer Support Agent will be the first point of technical resource for clients with a principal responsibility of ensuring solutions to escalated client issues are achieved within SLAs and providing a sustainable resolution. The 1st Line Customer Support Agent will be rewarded with a realistic and healthy commission structure, 25 days holidays plus Bank Holidays, health care cover, pension scheme, quarterly reward and recognition awards, and regular social events.
To apply for the Customer Support Agent role, you should have 12 months` experience within an office-based customer service role, with a proven track record of consistently over-delivering against targets. Educated to degree-level or with equivalent work experience, the Customer Support Agent will possess excellent communication skills and a professional telephone manner.
- To work within the helpdesk team to deal with the effective capture and interpretation of client issues.
- Ensure delivery of any activity to the highest professional standards.
- Ensure resolutions are achieved within SLAs.
- Ensure a good relationship between the client and the company.
- Ensure issues are escalated within the helpdesk team, escalating when required to 2nd / 3rd line, in time for SLAs to be met.
- Ensure that effective change control methodologies are operated with clients
- Agree with clients priority ranking of recorded support incidents
- Assist in maintaining client satisfaction within the helpdesk team.
- Ensure the achievement of targeted KPIs
- Ensure the capture of all support incidents logged by clients or monitoring alerts.
- Ensure all backup checks are performed on a daily basis and issues are escalated.
- Ensure that the third party applications are installed and run effectively and efficiently across all customer platforms - On-premise and hosted
- Keep abreast of market / technology developments to ensure the firm is planning to use the most effective methodology to support its business objectives
- Ensure that the knowledge base is updated with any problem / solutions found.
- Ensure that the helpdesk processes are followed.
- Ensure call lists and customer communication is maintained.
- 1+ years experience within a telephone-based customer service environment, ideally supporting multi-sites
- Ideally previous experience of working for an IT service provider in a professional services environment
- Degree level or equivalent. Experience can override this.
- Good and effective client interface skills
- Excellent communication skills and a professional telephone manner are essential
- Sufficient written skills to prepare documentation and contribute to knowledgebase
- Able to work with people at all levels. Useful to have presentation skills
- Ability to collaborate well with the rest of the company resources team and able to gain support and co-operation from non line managed staff
- Ability to analyse complexity and priority ranking of an issue against SLAs
- Effectively manage time across multiple objectives
- Ability to adapt quickly and to demonstrate a flexible approach
- Pleasure in delivery of expectations for clients and own company
- Expectation within 12 months in the role with increasing seniority and technical challenge
- Ability to handle stress and pressure from interface with end users, third parties and other staff members
Keywords: Customer service, customer support, technical, IT, helpdesk, 1st line
Unfortunately due to time restrictions we cannot respond to every applicant, in the event that we haven`t contacted you within 48 hours please take it you have not been successful for this particular role, but your details will be kept on file and considered for all future vacancies
We are acting on behalf of the client as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy
We are an equal opportunities agency and welcome applicants from all backgrounds
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job