Job Title: 1st and 2nd Line Support Technician
Location: Poole, Dorset
Salary: £19k to £23k
Hours: 09:00 to 17:30, Monday to Friday. You would participate in a 1 in 3 week's rota where your hours would be 08:00 to 16:30.
This is a great opportunity for someone working in 1st Line who is looking to step up to 2nd Line.
You will be working within the support team and work closely with the directors providing 1st and 2nd line support and services. You will work on a wide range of tasks, which will be very diverse and will not know what the issue is on the other end of the phone or which client may call. You will be supporting a wide range of clients with differing setups, across all industries, SME sized (2 to 150 users). Most clients are local to Poole/Bournemouth and surrounding areas, but some travel to further sites will be required. Full driving license is essential - a shared company van is provided for a majority of journeys, but you should also be willing to use your own car when necessary.
- Participate in pro-active monitoring of customer servers and networks
- Call logging and administration using our helpdesk system
- Prioritise and manage many open cases at one time
- Troubleshoot hardware, software, network, wireless and broadband problems - diagnosing and solving. Both remotely and on customer sites. Primarily at a 1st and 2nd Line level of support.
- On-site installation and configuration of desktop and server hardware, software and peripherals
- Administration and troubleshooting of customer cloud-based services - including Microsoft Office 365 services
- Administration and troubleshooting of customer on-premise servers - including Active Directory, Exchange Server, SQL Server and backups
- Administration and troubleshooting of VoIP phone systems
- Liaising with third party hardware and software vendors for support when required
- Installation and testing of small CAT5e/CAT6 structured cabling networks and associated hardware
- Produce technical or procedural documentation when required
- Rapidly establish a good working relationship with customers and other professionals
- Test and evaluate new technology
- General office duties when required
- Microsoft Office 365, Windows Server, Windows 7/10, IP Networking and Firewalls
- Full driving license
- You should be self-motivated to learn and advance your technical knowledge with a keen interest in the IT industry and new technology.
- You should be able to work on your own (sometimes under pressure for time or technical issues), but also as an important part of our small, friendly, team of engineers and office staff.
- The role is customer facing and representative of the Company, so your customer facing and liaison skills must be exceptional.
- Private Healthcare (currently BUPA) after 12 months.
- You will be required to use your own car on some occasions, and therefore must be insured for business use. Mileage allowances for business related trips will be reimbursed monthly.
It is important that you include a covering letter with your CV, detailing why you feel you are suitable for this position and highlighting all relevant experience.
By applying for the role, you agree that Fresh Recruits may contact you under GDPR Article 6(1)(b) in connection with your application by email and/or telephone and you consent to receiving information by email and/or telephone in relation to Fresh Recruits providing you with work finding services, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
If you do not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has not been taken forward on this occasion. We may contact you in the future about other suitable positions.
Our Data Protection, Privacy Notice and Full Equal Opportunities policies can be viewed here: https://privacy-policy/
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'