1st and 2nd Line Support - IT Technician, Workington, Cumbria
MacArthur Recruitment are seeking an IT Technician to provide 1st Line and 2nd Line IT Support, internally to their client’s staff. As part of a small team, you will be working for a growing local Cumbria organisation who have a great track record of developing their employees.
This role may suit somebody who has some commercial IT Support experience in 1st Line customer support tasks who wishes to develop further. Alternatively if you have existing 1st and 2nd Line experience we would welcome the chance to talk to you also. Typically this is a Windows environment running various versions across desktops, laptops, servers, etc..
Overview of the IT Technician - 1st/2nd Line role :
- Logging and working with the initial customer query in a courteous manner
- To perform installations, maintenance and repair work on any computer related equipment
- Laptops, desktops, communications equipment, tablets, smart phones, printers, local area networks, wide area networks, any piece of computer related peripheral or software an end user would be using.
- Customer facing - able to keep calm
Principal accountabilities for the role of IT Technician - 1st/2nd Line :
- Demonstrated aptitude for continuous learning and innovative thinking
- Hardware setup and connection
- Installing workstations - loading all necessary software.
- Good IT Security practice and Asset Management
- Maintenance of system updates, patches, firmware, antivirus, etc.
- Follow business processes and audit trails
- Management of small IT projects (sub 1K) - liaise with suppliers
- Job ownership for onsite printing facilities
- Providing network access and connectivity, password maintenance
- Maintaining IP addresses
- Maintaining a list of necessary maintenance and repairs along with research for development
- Making recommendations about the purchase of resources
- Identifying and preparing hardware for safe disposal
- Troubleshooting network, operating system, software and hardware
- Being familiar with network operating system, software and hardware
- Use a call logging system along with supporting documentation
- Taking new users through the orientation process
- Maintaining an updated inventory of software, hardware and resources
- Able to work independently and in a team environment, providing good customer service
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate with outside vendors and internal staff.
- Ensure safe "Systems of Work" are in place and fully comply with Health and Safety policy for Maintenance activities.
Salary and benefits for an IT Technician - 1st/2nd Line Support
In return, they can provide you with a competitive salary of £18,000 pa and the opportunity to work in a growing and successful company, who want to share that success and growth with you. The culture of the company is positive and friendly.
For more information, or to apply for the position of IT Technician - 1st/2nd Line, please contact Ewen, ideally with a copy of your CV, or call.
MacArthur Recruitment is a recruitment business and agency focussing on quality of delivery for all parties; your success is our success. Please visit our website at www macarthurrecruitment co uk
- Technical Support
- 2nd Line
- 1st Line
- Desktop Computers
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job