Are you looking for a new exciting opportunity working as a 1st/2nd Line Support Engineer to be based in Huntingdon?
You will be responsible for providing 1st and 2nd line IT support to both internal and external customers.
Main Duties of the Role
- To provide 1st /2nd line technical support to customers including server, desktop and networking infrastructure.
- To liaise with and build strong working relationships with key customer contacts.
- To record all calls to ensure accurate information about the client’s systems is maintained and available to other support personnel and account managers.
- Escalate issues in line with guidance.
- To have a flexible approach and attitude.
- To work with other support staff to build knowledge and skills pertinent to the sites supported.
- To comply with all necessary working practices relating to the customer site.
- To build strong relationships with customer account managers.
- To take a proactive approach to customer IT systems to ensure problems are avoided and the longer term development of the customer IT systems are considered.
- To be able to work autonomously with minimal supervision.
- To be able to manage demanding users on customer sites who have high expectations.
- To be able to communicate technical issues and concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Work together with your Line Manager to develop and enhance your knowledge and skill sets.
- There may be a requirement to provide cover to other customer sites when absence by other engineers dictates.
Your Skills and Experience
- Good communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of:
- MS Windows Server 2008/2012 (R2) /2016
- MS Windows Windows 7 / 8 / 10
- MS Exchange 2007 / 2010 /2012
- MS Office 2010 / 0365
- Proven Customer service skills.
- Positive, enthusiastic and supportive individual.
- Ability to take ownership of and progress issues.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work in a team and to support team members.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build good working relationships with internal and external contacts.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job