My client, based in the North East, is currently looking for several 1st and 2nd line IT support engineers with a strong technical background and solid experience in technical support.
- Support the Service Desk to provide professional support via telephone, email and other channels where required.
- Diagnose and fix critical IT issues.
- Liaise direct with customers regarding technical issues.
- Identify reoccurring technical faults and recommendations to the escalations manager.
- Technically assist the junior technical teams.
- Attend various sites to troubleshoot and carry out installations.
- Good understanding of general Windows server, storage and networking technologies.
- Good communication skills.
- Good documentation skills.
- Customer focussed.
- Maintain awareness of new and emerging technologies.
- To display a willingness to make decisions; exhibit sound and accurate judgement and include appropriate people in the decision-making process.
- Being highly motivated, setting and achieving challenging goals.
- Having the ability to look for ways to improve and promote quality.
- CCNA or equivalent qualification would be an advantage.
- VMWare Virtualisation.
- Experience of hosted telephony.
- Microsoft Certified Qualification.
- Knowledge of Linux.
In Return You Will Get:
- A starting salary up to £26,000 per year based on experience.
- Genuine progression routes and qualifications.
- Pension scheme.
- Other benefits to be discussed at an interview stage.
If you have the required experience and are looking for a new start within a progressive business in the North East, please apply today or call Daniel Edgar on for further information.
- 1st line support
- 2nd line support
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job