We are currently looking for a talented 1st/2nd line support engineer to perform a key role in assisting our clients and internal staff with an escalation point for technical queries for our digital platform and client facing products. The role will initially be temporary cover but may develop into a permanent role as workload increases.
You will report into the Digital Director, working on our clients which include some of the largest organisations and events in the world.
You must be aware of Service Levels, issue diagnostics and fault resolution, being able to work to timescales and to deadlines. You shall understand development methodology and best practice, being able to liaise with our project and product development teams.
Knowledge of infrastructure, hosting, DNS and IT a distinct advantage as Support issues can be varied and have many dependencies.
Candidates must have excellent customer service, quality management skills, equipped with passion, resources and commercial insight. You will be part of friendly, dedicated team of 2-3 support indivduals working from the Bristol and Great Marlings offices.
- To provide 1st/2nd line support to high calibre customers and internal staff
- You help resolve issues raised by clients and team members
- Ensure that incidents are resolved in a timely manner against SLAs
- Pro-actively resolve issues and collaborate with support colleagues and the development teams.
- Support project teams when required
- Contribute to QA, Pier code reviews and Testing
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE (preferred but not essential)
- Active Directory/ MS Exchange
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Email security products
- Experience with Ajax, Angular JS, JSON a bonus
- XML, XSLT, .NET a bonus
- Experienced in Microsoft .NET stack (C#, Linq, EntityFramework) and tooling such as Visual Studio, ReSharper. Experience with Microsoft Azure (cloud)
- HTML, HTML5
- CSS, CSS3, Less or Sass, Gulp, Grunt, Coffeescript, Node.JS/NPM, Bower etc..
- Responsive design (familiar with frameworks and writing custom media queries)
- Source control such as GIT or SVN
- Understanding of UX/UI interaction
- Excellent problem solving skills and attention to detail
- CMS integration (Such as Umbraco, Wordpress etc)
- Experience of email marketing platforms such as dotmailer.
- Experience of app-dev usability and accessibility
- Demonstrable technical documentation skills
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job