18T Delivery Driver
About the role
- Overtime opportunities also available
- Fully funded CPC training hours provided
Do you want more local driving and be a valued member of a delivery team? This may be the role for you. You will enjoy a varied role driving locally as well as building relationships with our regular customers.
Our drivers are the beating heart of our business and you will play a vital role in ensuring customers receive their deliveries on time and with a great service.
This is a 7 day operation, our shift patterns may include some weekend working.
Making sure our customers are able to keep their shelves full with the products needed by their customers. You’ll be loading stock in to the vehicle at the Branch and unloading at the customer premises. You’ll also need to ensure the paperwork is completed accurately.
You will need
Cat C / 18T Licence
Previous experience of driving (at least two years)
Previous experience of delivery driving is preferred
Ability to carry out manual deliveries
Excellent interpersonal skills with a positive customer service attitude
Good level of literacy and numeracy
Whats in it for you
Our up to salary includes a market supplement of £50 per week. This will apply to any new starters who join after 5th September 2021until 5th March 2022. The payment is subject to tax and NI deductions. All temporary incentives are at Booker’s discretion and subject to review, variation, and removal.
At Booker, along with being a great place to work and giving you an opportunity to get on in your career, we also offer the following fantastic package of benefits:
- A Booker colleague card with 10% off purchases at Booker and double discount events up to three times a year.
- After 3 months service, a Tesco colleague discount card with 10% increasing to 15% off most purchases at Tesco for a 4 day period after every four-weekly pay day, ie. thirteen times a year. In addition to 10% off at Tesco Cafe and 20% off all F&F purchases.
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile for yourself, along with further great deals through-out the year.
- Up to 30% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. Terms and conditions apply.
- 50% off complete glasses purchases and free eye tests at Vision Express.
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy.
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases including a cycle to work scheme.
- After 3 months service, you can join our annual Save As You Earn share scheme which allows you to buy Tesco shares in the future at a discount.
- Retirement savings plan (pension) - save up to 5% and Booker will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - You are covered for death in service life cover of up to three times annual pay.
- Health and Wellbeing support and resources including our 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family.
- A great holiday package
About The Company
Be part of something special. Join our team at Booker.
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud and Chef Direct. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'