111 Call Handler Out of Hours Service
Working Location: West London, North Kensington, nearest station is Ladbroke Grove
Working days and hours: 37.5 hours per week, rotation of shifts – mainly evening, overnight, min 3 out of 4 weekends and Bank Holidays
Hourly Rates for first 12 weeks are as followed:
Standard 6.00am to 8.00pm: £9.77 paye including holiday per hour
Nights - Weekdays from 8.00pm to 6.00am: £10.00 paye including holiday per hour
Saturdays: £10.00 paye including holiday per hour
Sundays: £11.00 paye including holiday per hour
Bank Holidays: £13.00 paye including holiday per hour
They are looking for someone to deliver an effective and competent level of accurate call handling for callers to the Out of hours and 111 service. To deliver an efficient appointments service for face-to-face consultations at the Primary Care Centre, in accordance with agreed protocols.
- Please note due to the stressful nature of the calls, candidates must be calm under pressure and happy to work in this role on an ongoing temporary basis.
- All candidates will need to successfully pass our client’s telephone screening which will include over the phone role plays and a competency-based interviews.
- Once candidates pass the Assessment phone assessment, they will attend a 4-week training scheme that will be based in Islington. Please note candidates must be flexible to attend either location due to room availability.
- During the 4-week training scheme candidates must be available Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm.
- During the 4-week training scheme candidates will need to complete at home learning as well as pass 2 exams in order to complete and stay on the training as well as pass to work in the role.
- Once the 4-week training scheme has been successfully completed the candidates will be based in West London, North Kensington, nearest station is Ladbroke Grove where they must be available to work 37.5 hours per week, rotation of shifts – mainly evening, overnight, min 3 out of 4 weekends and Bank Holidays.
The post holder will be responsible for the prioritisation of presenting clinical symptoms, supported by decision support software throughout a 24-hour period. This will include the transfer of patient calls to the appropriate endpoint and the giving of appropriate advice.
To deliver an effective and competent level of accurate call handling for callers to the Out of hours and 111 service. To deliver an efficient appointments service for face to face consultations at the Primary Care Centre, in accordance with agreed protocols.
- Dealing with a high level of inbound calls from patient’s in a crisis or highly stressed and unwell
- The assessment of patients’ needs supported by local policies and Decision support computer software to ensure that patients are prioritised appropriately and directed to the correct end point.
- Liaising with other agencies and healthcare providers to ensure patients are appropriately directed.
- Utilisation of communication skills in management of challenging calls and child protection concerns.
- To keep accurate records of clinical enquiries to the service.
- Have knowledge of escalation policies and emergency procedures as necessary.
- To work co-operatively within the organisation, sharing and utilising areas of knowledge and skills to enhance patient care.
To display effective keyboard and work processing skills by:
- To perform general administrative duties, when workload
- To support line management through undertaking additional delegated administrative tasks when required to support effective service delivery, e.g. entering information onto existing databases.
- Identify and highlight appropriately any issues regarding a vulnerable child or adult.
- To participate in own development and appraisal, identifying areas of need for personal development in order to meet with service requirements.
- Previous customer service and administration experience dealing with a high level of inbound calls
- Previous healthcare customer service and administration experience dealing with a high level of inbound calls
- The skill and ability to deal with stressful and high pressured inbound 111 emergency calls
- Skill and experience to remain calm in crisis situations
- Ability to deal effectively with difficult and stressed individuals / customers
- Available to work a range of out of hours and unsocial shifts including evening, nights, weekends and Bank Holidays on a temporary full-time basis
- Previous 111 Call Handler experience
- Please note if you have previously worked in a 111 Call Handler role and have completed calls within 6 months please contact us and we will discuss this with our client.
Do you have customer service and administration experience dealing with a high level of inbound calls?
Do you have the skills and experience to deal with inbound stressful 111 calls from the public?
Are you available to work a range of out of hours and unsocial shifts including evening, nights, weekends and Bank Holidays on a temporary full-time basis?
Are you available to attend training Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm in the Islington location?
Are you happy to complete training in Islington for 4 weeks then be based in West London, North Kensington, nearest station is Ladbroke Grove?
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'