Your World Healthcare is a leading specialist healthcare recruitment agency, placing a range of healthcare professionals including Non-Clinical and Clinical positions. Our Healthcare Client are currently recruiting for 111 Call Handlers to join their team. This role will involve handling calls from members of the public in relation to non-emergency/emergency health conditions and will involve using specialist computer software to provide the caller with an appropriate response in relation to their healthcare needs within a specific timeframe. A 12 week training programme is also provided.
Working Locations: West London, North Kensington, nearest station is Ladbroke Grove
Training Locations: Southall (4 weeks training programme) Ladbroke Grove (8 weeks training)
Working days and hours: 37.5 hours per week, rotation of shifts - mainly evening, overnight, min 3 out of 4 weekends and Bank Holidays
Training days and hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday 9am till 5pm
Hourly Rates are as followed:
Standard, Monday to Friday 6.00am to 8.00pm: £10.00 umbrella per hour
Nights - Monday to Friday from 8.00pm to 6.00am: £11.50 umbrella per hour
Saturdays: £11.50 umbrella per hour
Sundays: £13.00 umbrella per hour
Bank Holidays: £15.50 umbrella per hour
Christmas and New Year’s Day: £21.00 umbrella per hour
Our client is looking for someone to deliver an effective and competent level of accurate call handling for callers to the Out of hours and 111 service. To deliver an efficient appointments service for face to face consultations at the Primary Care Centre, in accordance with agreed protocols.
Please note due to the stressful nature of the calls, candidates must be calm under pressure and happy to work in this role on an ongoing temporary basis.
- All candidates will need to successfully attend an Assessment day which will include role plays and a competency-based interviews. This will be based in West London, North Kensington, nearest station is Ladbroke Grove
- Once candidates pass the Assessment day, they will attend a 10/12-week training scheme that will be based at either Southall or North Kensington. Please note candidates must be flexible to attend either location due to room availability.
- During the 10/12-week training scheme candidates must be available Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm. The client has a zero tolerance approach is any training days are missed.
- During the 10/12-week training scheme candidates will need to complete at home learning as well as pass 2 exams in order to complete and stay on the training as well as pass to work in the role.
- Once the 10-week training scheme has been successfully completed the candidates will be based in West London, North Kensington, nearest station is Ladbroke Grove where they must be available to work 37.5 hours per week, rotation of shifts - mainly evening, overnight, min 3 out of 4 weekends and Bank Holidays.
The post holder will be responsible for the prioritisation of presenting clinical symptoms, supported by decision support software throughout a 24-hour period. This will include the transfer of patient calls to the appropriate endpoint and the giving of appropriate advice.
To deliver an effective and competent level of accurate call handling for callers to the Out of hours and 111 service. To deliver an efficient appointments service for face to face consultations at the Primary Care Centre, in accordance with agreed protocols.
- The assessment of patients’ needs supported by local policies and Decision support computer software to ensure that patients are prioritised appropriately and directed to the correct end point.
- Liaising with other agencies and healthcare providers to ensure patients are appropriately directed.
- Utilisation of communication skills in management of challenging calls and child protection concerns.
- To keep accurate records of clinical enquiries to the service.
- To adhere to, and maintain an up to date, knowledge local policies and procedures.
- Have knowledge of escalation policies and emergency procedures as necessary.
- To inform the Operations Manager any issue affecting service delivery, at the time the issue is highlighted.
- Support the implementation of new policies and procedures as required
- To maintain a healthy and safe work environment for self and colleagues.
- To work co-operatively within the organisation, sharing and utilising areas of knowledge and skills to enhance patient care. To display effective keyboard and work processing skills by:
- To perform general administrative duties, when workload
- Actively participate in continuous quality improvement measures including self-review.
- To support line management through undertaking additional delegated administrative tasks when required to support effective service delivery, e.g. entering information onto existing databases.
- Identify and highlight appropriately any issues regarding a vulnerable child or adult.
- To provide simple health information advice in line with NHS policies and approved sources.
- Engage with and undertake Personal Development, Education & Training
- To participate in own development and appraisal, identifying areas of need for personal development in order to meet with service requirements.
- Previous customer service, call centre and administration experience - (healthcare experience highly desirable)
- The skill and ability to deal with stressful and high pressured inbound 111 emergency calls
- Skill and experience to remain calm in crisis situations
- Ability to deal effectively with difficult and stressed individuals / customers
- Ability to work a range of out of hours and unsocial shifts including even
We are an equal opportunities employer
Please apply now in order to be considered!
- Administrative Duties
- Call Centre
- Call Logging
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'