1:1 SEND Support Assistant
Milk Education are seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic 1:1 Support Assistant to work with pupils who have SEND, complex learning and physical difficulties within a specialist SEND school in the Morpeth area.
We are working alongside a specialist school who cater to pupils with ASD, complex needs, and PMLD. Previous experience working with children or young people with learning difficulties or within the Health and Social Care sector would be beneficial, however, the most important attribute is the willingness to get involved, being proactive and having a great energy.
What you need to apply to for the role:
- Previous support experience working with children, or young adults, with ASD and complex needs.
- Confidence dealing with pupils with different abilities and SEND requirements in education.
- Good communication skills.
- Able to contribute to, and work as part of a team.
- Confident in implementing or learning support techniques, such as PEC’s & Makaton.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and the ability to raise self-esteem.
- Compassionate and positive with a flexible approach when supporting the child
Extra 1:1 support may include:
- Medical Health Care Plans.
- Handwriting /fine motor/keyboard skills training.
- Group discussions and information given from our qualified school nurse.
- Familiarity with assistive technology (wheelchair).
- Access to teaching assistant support.
- A willingness to support with personal care, although this may not be required.
The Milk Difference:
We are an environmentally friendly education supply agency providing quality talent to local schools. Milk Education brings a fresh approach with traditional values to the Education Recruitment Sector.
- Competitive rates of pay.
- Direct links to local schools.
- Free Lesson Plans.
- Training support sessions..
- Video technology that will increase your chances of long-term placements..
- Dedicated Consultants who will cater for your employment needs with 24/7 availability and support for interview and lesson observation preparation.
- Commitment to quality and safeguarding
Start your career and change lives by working in Special Education – apply now!
Take a look at our website to see our BOLD and FRESH approach to Education Recruitment: https://
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'