1-1 Tutors Needed in Dorset
Teaching Personnel are currently seeking 1:1 tutors to facilitate the learning and development of Looked After Children (LAC) in Dorset.
We work with a wide-range of Looked After Children in care who have a diverse set of needs. It will be your responsibility to support pupils in preparing for exams, during transition to a new area or new setting and to provide high quality education to support learning and ensure continuity and progression.
You will be working either within the home or within a residential care setting. The core focus of sessions is to improve skills in Maths and English. You will also have a sound working knowledge of de-escalating challenging behaviour in order to meet the Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs of the young people.
- Understanding and appreciation of working with vulnerable young people and those with additional needs
- QTS (Qualified Teacher Status)
- Excellent time-keeping and organisational skills
- Flexibility to work part-time
About Teaching Personnel
As the UK's leading supply agency, Teaching Personnel are committed to supporting you in finding your next role. We have been working with Virtual Schools and education providers for Looked After Children (LAC) for a number of years and we pride ourselves on 'narrowing the gap' of attainment for these pupils against the progress of their non-looked after peers. We are also eager that you have an enjoyable and rewarding experience with us that sees you staying with Teaching Personnel for as long as your circumstances allow.
- Teaching Personnel's CPD Academy - Your Continuous Professional Development
- Pay - Weekly pay based on your skills, experience, flexibility and availability
- myTP - Digital services that make your work admin and communication simple
- Safe Working Practice - ensuring your reputation is protected
- Excellence in Education Awards - recognising the positive impact you deliver in schools
- TP Tokens - supporting national children and education charities through your direction
All applicants will require the appropriate qualification and training for this role. For teacher roles, we require a formally recognised teaching qualification. For Support staff our minimum requirement is GCSE English & Maths (A-C) or equivalent.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'