1:1 Learning Support Assistant - Leicestershire
£65 - £75 per day
Summer Term 2018
Are you looking for a rewarding role supporting young people with additional needs?
I am currently working with a well-established SEBD/SEN school who are seeking an experienced Learning Support Assistant. The school which is located in North East Leicestershire accommodates for students aged 8-17 who are struggling to access mainstream education. Students have a range of Special Educational Needs including Social Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties who are struggling to access mainstream education.
As part of this role, you may be working 1:1 with students both inside and outside of the classroom - promoting learning and engagement, managing behaviour, encouraging the student to develop their social and communication skills.
The ideal candidate for this role will:
- Have experience of working within a similar environment
- Be comfortable in managing challenging behaviour
- Be Team Teach trained
- Be creative, proactive and flexible in their supporting style
- Work 1:1 with the student to help keen then engaged in learning
- Helping to reintegrate the student back into full time education
- Working proactively with other team members
- Manage behaviour in line with the schools behaviour policy
If you think you have the necessary skills relevant for this role, do not hesitate and apply today! Alternatively, if you would like further information or to discuss other roles, contact Laura Thompson on
Randstad Education offer a fantastic 'Refer a Friend' scheme where you can be rewarded with £300 in gift vouchers - more information can be found at 'Refer a Friend' YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE REGISTERED TO REFER!!!!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job