NIS is currently seeking a self-motivated, enthusiastic and adaptable 1st - 2nd line support engineer to join their existing team. NIS is not just looking for people to maintain systems and "exist" on a day to day basis. The successful candidate will receive considerable support in achieving their full potential. Candidates are expected to challenge the norm, have fresh ideas and make a difference. This is a dynamic environment where new installations utilising the latest tried and tested IT trends are a frequent part of our operation.
This is a diverse technical role dealing with both small and large SME type clients, using mainstream technologies such as VMware, Windows 2012/2016, Cisco WAN’s as well as Cloud services. The ideal candidate will be a key part of a highly motivated technical team and have excellent customer interaction skills. An ability to document customer issues and articulate in non-technical jargon are essential.
NIS has always remained at the leading edge of technology therefore, candidates are expected to have a flexible approach to work and be able to pass mainstream certification exams as needed by the business. NIS recognises continuity and investment in staff training as a key reason for its incredible success.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing national IT technical services organisation. The company has heavily invested in state of the art Server Consolidation, Cloud and Business Continuity technologies. A "Can do" attitude and on-going investment in staff training is seen as a key reason for the company’s success. A number of accreditations are retained annually with major Blue chip players such as Microsoft, VMware and IBM. As a prolific IBM partner within the SME space the company is use to punching above its weight and regularly featured in the press.
- The Technical Analyst will report directly to the Regional Manager
- Be responsible for answering all incoming phone calls and providing the initial responses to helpdesk support tickets
- Provide on-site, remote and email support
- Diagnose and troubleshoot both hardware and software issues
- Identify billable work and negotiate charges with customers
- Accurately log work and maintain company systems
- Escalate issues as required
- Assist in any other general tasks that may arise
- Monitor Service Level Agreements and prioritise work to stay within SLAs
- The Technical Analyst/Engineer will report directly to the Regional Manager
Assist with installation rollouts
Complete on-site scheduled health checks
Have a flexible approach and attitude
Essential Skills / Experience:
- Experience of supporting and installing Windows Server
- Active Directory and Group Policy configurations.
- To be familiar with Microsoft Office and the ability to support users on all the common tools including Excel, Word and Outlook
- You will have at least 2 years’ experience in a role where you have provided IT support to multiple clients or multiple sites.
- Networking solutions, TCP/IP, LAN, WAN technologies and VOIP (Desirable)
- SharePoint (Desirable)
- Cisco (Desirable)
- A full UK driving license and suitable own transportation for the use of travelling to and from the NIS Office and for potential travel to and from customers’ sites.
Excellent client interaction with confident spoken and written language
A keen desire to provide excellent customer service
Able to assess and prioritise tasks.
Excellent time management (awareness of time constraints and deadlines).
Ability to research and learn new technologies/solutions under pressure.
Strong team player, willing to share knowledge and ask for assistance from senior colleagues
Logical approach to troubleshooting.
Have a proactive approach and attitude
The ideal candidate should have a huge passion for IT
Be prepared to work out of hours at short notice
This position will suit someone with 2-3 years IT experience.
Applications without a cover letter will be rejected.
We do not accept CV’s from recruitment agencies.
Due to the volume of applications, if you do not hear from us after 6 weeks, your application has been unsuccessful.
Do you have a background in or a strong knowledge of IT systems?
Can you confidently liaise with customers and ensure that their needs are met?
Are you confident that you have read and understood our requirements?
Do you have a clean driving licence and transport?
- Windows Server
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job