Import Export Customer Service Coordinator::
To be responsible for producing high quality customer service to all our customers, overseas partners and suppliers
Manage your time to ensure that priorities and targets set are achieved.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Plan, direct and control all activities on a day to day basis.
· Ensure all Consignments are loaded onto computer system prior to arrival / departure either by EDI or manually, checking paperwork for accuracy.
· Maintain all files ensuring they are costed and invoiced prior to Import, Export, Delivery or release.
· Obtain relevant information from customers in order to complete customs clearance, delivery or release of cargo.
· Keep operational staff & Customers fully informed of any holds, exams or other areas which may cause delay to a shipment.
· Responsible for ensuring that all outstanding monies are collected prior to release/delivery of goods with overall responsibility in the collection of outstanding D/V including updating records.
· Provide transport companies with the relevant information to ensure customer delivery requirements are met.
· Develop constructive relationships with key customers and key suppliers, resolving any concerns and ensuring corrective action is taken.
· Maintain effective communication and relationships with overseas offices and partners.
· Identify and provide early warning to the manager of the relevant department, on any issues and problems that could have an adverse effect on deadlines.
· Liaise where appropriate with other departments to resolve any conflicting issues raised by customers and/or figures.
· Take ownership of all accounting issues and queries as and when directed by management
· Assist with insurance claims in line with company procedures as and when requested by management.
· Monitor incoming mail and highlight potential problem areas to relevant staff, delegating as appropriate, advising management as and when necessary..
· Complete month end routines as directed by manager.
· Action other ad hoc duties as requested by manager.
· Promote and maintain image, procedures and standards as set and with management
· ADDITIONAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Any other duties as requested by management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
· Able to promote our clients corporate culture
· Able to work and meet deadlines
· Computer literate
· Able to implement and manage systems which further enhance our profile
· Possess team player qualities
· Possess good leadership skills
· Able to plan ahead
· A pro-active attitude
· Excellent customer service skills
· Excellent communication skills
· Fully conversant with Customs Entries
· Conversant with Port Health Requirements, CED, CVEDS etc
· European Road Freight experience preferred but not essential
· Export Experience also an advantage
Must have at least 3 years freight Experience pref with Freight Forwarder
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'