3D Product Designer / Conceptual Artist - Toys
Reporting to Head of Product Development
35 hours per week
Based from Telford Office (home-working currently)
For over 40 years, Golden Bear Products Ltd have been transforming some of the nation’s much-loved children’s TV characters into high quality toys for both kids and adults to enjoy.
We are preparing for a period of growth and looking to recruit a 3D Product Designer/Conceptual Artist and will be happy to accept applications from experienced or fresh individuals.
You will help create the next generation of innovative toy products across the business, whilst working alongside the internal Brand Teams to deliver new toy ranges. You will be providing graphical and technical expertise in the development of our products, so a blend of natural creativity and technical knowledge is crucial.
Key role responsibilities:
- Accountable for the implementation and management of a best in class CAD system
- Create new product designs and enhance existing products with the use of CAD from initial concept to preparing prototypes, and into production
- Communicate ideas quickly and effectively using a combination of sketching, graphical visuals, CAD layouts, 3D models and working prototypes to evaluate potential solutions
- Introduce and manage the company’s new 3D printing process
- Develop box construction cutter guide outlines for new product packaging as and when required
- A comprehensive understanding of high-volume manufacturing processes and materials to optimise design would be advantageous
- Apply a logical mindset to problem-solving/technical problems
- Work with internal and external parties to provide solutions to industry challenges
- Work collaboratively with other departments ensuring all necessary tasks are being performed
- Work alongside business strategy development projects as required
- Adherence to, and completion of necessary BCarm health and safety training
What we expect from you:
- HNC/Degree level qualification in 3D Design or Product Design
- Experienced user of CAD is essential
- Strong communication skills with the ability to competently interpret design ideas, create and present back on behalf of the department
- The ability to create early product visuals ahead of CAD modelling that are graphically clear and visually strong is key to communicate new ideas and new concepts into the wider team.
- Experience with photoshop and/or illustrator or equivalent is an advantage, but not essential
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is an advantage but not essential
- Experience of managing 3D printing desireable but not essential
- Experience of manufacturing out of Asia and/or India is ideal, but not essential
- Ability to work efficiently and independently or as part of a collaborative design team
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills
- A problem-solver with a creative and innovative eye for design
- Good IT and presentation skills
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Role model the company values and use them to guide behaviours
If you feel this role looks right for you and you feel you can contribute significantly to our growth plans and want to join our team, it’s time to get your application started. Please apply with an up to date CV and covering letter stating why you feel you are suitable for the role, also detailing your salary requirements to our HR Consultant.
Deadline for Applications: Monday 8th February 2021
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
- Product Design
- Toy Industry
- 3D graphics
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'