Training Express Ltd
Add to basket or enquire
This Youth Work Diploma is ideal for anyone looking to start a career in social care working with young people. It explores the opportunities in youth development work as a profession, as well as the skills and qualities needed to achieve a successful career in this field.
Through case studies, you will learn how to build positive relationships with young people to support their personal development, taking an in-depth look at youth work in mental health and the different types of youth work. You will also gain an excellent understanding of the ethical codes of practice in youth work and social welfare policy in criminal justice, such as youth detention centres and correctional facilities.
What’s more, throughout the course, you will be sharpening your counselling, coaching and mentoring skills, to be a true inspiration to the people you work with. By the end of this training program, you will have both practical and theoretical knowledge that can be applied in a real-life context, equipping you with the skill to work in a range of roles and professional settings.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the different types of youth work
- Understand the skills and qualities needed to be a successful youth worker
- Discuss the opportunities in youth development work as a profession
- Build positive relationships and communicate effectively with young people
- Maintain ethical conduct and establish boundaries when working with young people
- Provide support to young people and set up activities that will help them to grow socially and emotionally
- List the cultural, social and environmental factors that affect young people’s development
- Explain social influences in youth development work, from policy change to political action
- Identify common mental health disorders and understand their causes & treatment
- Understand the components of the criminal justice system and social welfare policy in criminal justice
Key Features of the Youth Worker Diploma
Our trusted, high quality and affordable online courses are designed to train individuals to become experts in their field.
- CPD accredited, quality training
- Instant e-certificate and hard copy dispatch by next working day
- Fully online, interactive course with audio voiceover
- Developed by qualified safeguarding professionals
- Self-paced laptop/tablet/smartphone-friendly learning
- 24/7 Learning support and assistance
*** Additional Gifts ***
Free Coronavirus (COVID-19) Awareness Course
- Demonstrate knowledge of how COVID-19 emerged
- Understand how COVID-19 spreads and how to prevent it from spreading
- Identify the symptoms of COVID-19 and which groups of individuals are most at risk
- Comply with government health guidelines and maintain excellent hygiene
Module 1. Introduction to Youth Work
In module one, we will gain an in-depth understanding of what youth work entails and why it is so important. We will also explore the different types of youth work and approaches to youth work.
Module 2. Who Are the Youth Workers?
In module two, we will develop our understanding of the role and responsibilities of a youth worker and the foundations of youth work. It includes the skills and characteristics required to work successfully with young people in a social care setting.
Module 3. Youth Worker Role and Methods
In module three, we will gain an insight into youth development work as a profession, taking a look at youth work practice in various settings. It also covers youth work methods and key approaches.
Module 4. Legal Responsibilities
In module four, we will learn about the legal responsibilities of a youth worker, exploring ethical codes of conduct in youth work, value and principles, empowerment, and how to establish boundaries.
Module 5. Youth Work as a Career (Social Work)
In module five, we will gain a deeper insight into youth work as a career and the employment opportunities in this field. It covers salary and demand for a social worker, education, and career progression.
Module 6. Social Influences
In module six, we will take a look at social change in youth development work and the three levels in which it can occur. It also explores the key ideas of Brazilian philosopher and educator Paulo Freire.
Module 7. Youth Work in Mental Health
In module seven, we will learn about the core competencies of mental health practice, exploring a wide range of common mental health disorders and their treatment and classification.
Module 8. Social Work and Criminal Justice
In this final module, we will gain a comprehensive understanding of social welfare policy in criminal justice, exploring the components of the criminal justice system. Key topics include juvenile detention and correctional facilities.
All of our courses are fully accredited, providing you with up-to-date skills and knowledge and helping you to become more competent and effective in your chosen field.
Once you’ve successfully completed your course, you will immediately be sent a digital certificate. Also, you can have your printed certificate delivered by post (shipping cost £3.99). Our certifications have no expiry dates, although we do recommend that you renew them every 12 months.
At the end of the course, there will be an online assessment, which you will need to pass to complete the course. Answers are marked instantly and automatically, allowing you to know straight away whether you have passed. If you haven’t, there’s no limit on the number of times you can take the final exam. All this is included in the one-time fee you paid for the course itself.
Who is this course for?
This Youth Worker training course is ideal for anyone interested in a career in social care working with young adults. This includes the following roles:
- Youth Worker
- SEND Youth Support Worker
- Youth Support & Development Worker
- Youth Mentor
- Youth Employment Coach
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
How long is this course?
Hello June, Thank you for your question. The estimated course duration is 04 hours of continuous study, however, once you purchase any course, you will have lifetime access to the course. So, you can complete the course anytime.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.