Add to basket or enquire
For making the world grow stronger together social care and youth work play a crucial role. Working as a youth support worker can give you the opportunity to be a part of this positive change. Learn the roles and responsibilities of youth support workers and boost your CV with this practical knowledge. This Youth Support Worker course will give you every detail you need to know to start your career as a youth support worker.
From this Youth Support Worker course, you will know about the functions and responsibilities of youth support workers in our society. You’ll gain in-depth knowledge about the foundation and approaches of youth work, career prospect, and social influence. You’ll also learn about changes youth brings to society including social justice and mental health care.
This Youth Support Worker course is ideal for anyone wanting to work as social support workers, social activists, small business owners or anyone interested in working in social care services.
Learning Outcome of Youth Support Worker:
- Gain an in-depth understanding of social norms, beliefs and youth support
- Gain a clear insight into youth support, foundation and approaches of youth work
- Master the skills needed for youth support worker
- Be able to communicate effectively with different types of people
- Know the career prospect of youth support and effect on society
Why choose Youth Support Worker
- 100% online program
- No time limits. learn at your own pace.
- Expert Instructors/Professional Trainers
- A multinational student base
- Video lessons
- Further reading where necessary
- Up-to-date curriculum and effective guidelines.
- CPD Accredited Certification.
- Instant Digital Certificate (Hardcopy available on-demand)
****Course Curriculum ****
***Youth Support Worker***
Module 1. Introduction to Youth Work
- What Is Youth Work?
- Youth Work Characteristics
- Approaches to Youth Work
Module2. Who Are the Youth Workers?
- What Does a Youth Worker Do?
- The Foundation of Youth Work
- Youth Workers Competence
Module3. Youth Worker Role and Methods
- Youth Work Practice
- Practice in Different Settings
- Youth Development Work as a Profession
Module4. Legal Responsibilities
- Ethical Conduct in Youth Work
- Values and Principles
Module5. Youth Work as a Career (Social Work)
- A Unique Profession
- Selecting a Career in Social Work
- Education and the Social Work Career Ladder
- Employment Opportunities
- Salary and Demand for Social Worker
Module6. Social Influences
- Social Change in Youth Development Work
- Social Change Can Occur on Three Levels:
- Paulo Freire and social change
- Applying Freire’s ideas
Module 7. Youth Work in Mental Health
- Competencies for Mental Health practice
- Values and Integrity
- Classification and Treatment for Mental Disorder
- Generalist Practice with Group and Communities
Module 8. Social Work and Criminal Justice
- Components of the Criminal Justice System
- Social Welfare Policy in Criminal Justice
After completing all the modules of the Youth Support Worker course, your learning will be assessed by an automated multiple-choice based exam. You may choose to participate in a Mock Exam before attending the Youth Support Worker course completion Final Exam with no extra cost.
Now you can get the Youth Support Worker Course Completion Certificate from Skill Up at a 50% reduced price. The PDF version is for only £4.5 (Previously £9) and the Hard Copy is for only £7.5 (Previously £15), while both version will cost you £12 (Previously £24) only.
Who is this course for?
Existing professionals or newbies who work in this field can amplify their skills & knowledge of this topic with our internationally-recognised Youth Support Worker training, and it could make all the difference in escalating your career graph.
We know what Modern Online Learners are looking for – flexibility and accessibility. All of our courses are crafted and designed with those two words in mind. Grab a smart device or log in to your desktop to access our premium course contents. Don’t worry, our expert tutors and student assistants will be there for round the clock.
If you desire to learn and climb the ladder of success with your learning, we won’t ask for any specific prior education or experience. Enrol now in Youth Support Worker and start your learning journey.
- No formal qualifications required, anyone from any academic background can take this Youth Support Worker course.
- Access to any internet-enabled smart device.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.