Learn all aspects of general bicycle maintenance with this highly interactive course. It’s a complete guide to general maintenance and repair and is perfect whether you’re a hardened commuter or just a weekend pleasure cyclist. Keeping your bike in good repair is vital to your safety as well as comfort, and you’ll certainly be glad to know how to fix a flat next time you get a puncture.
Explore the tools that are necessary to fix your bike, learn the techniques needed to make repairs, look in detail at your bike’s gear and brake systems, learn how to remove wheels and tyres, explore chain maintenance and replacement and much more.
We use only the world’s finest instructors who have a minimum of 15 years real world experience and are experts in their fields. Unlike a live class you can fast-forward, repeat or rewind your lectures, enabling you to fully understand each topic before moving on. This creates a personal learning experience and gives you all the benefits of hands on training with the flexibility of fitting it in around your busy schedule.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
The course is written by experts in the field of Bicycle Maintenance & Repair and contains step-by-step videos that will show you exactly how each task is performed. The focus areas are:
- Introduction and parts- This module will look at getting to know your bike, its parts and their functions, and help you find out what type of bike you have. It will also cover derailleur gear components, brake types and functions, and wheel types and styles.
- Fixing a puncture- This module will examine in depth every step of identifying and fixing a puncture. You will learn how to identify a tyre type, explore inner tubes and valves, learn how to remove and refit a wheel, tyre and inner tube and how to fix a puncture.
- Brakes- Well-maintained brakes are essential to being safe when riding a bike. This section will teach you how to identify if a brake block needs replacing, identify brake block types, replace brake blocks and how to set up and align your brakes.
- Chains and gears- In this section you will learn how to maintain and replace a chain, how to identify and replace gear and brake cables, how to maintain front and rear derailleurs and identify gear shifter styles.
ADVANTAGE OF THIS COURSE
Learning these skills and techniques will give you the confidence to tackle any element of bicycle maintenance on your own, which will not only give you a sense of satisfaction but also save you spending money on expensive bicycle repair shops. Other benefits include:
- A thorough understanding of your bicycle and its parts
- Increased confidence using the tools and techniques necessary to fix a bicycle
- Become a self-sufficient cyclist, by performing procedures that shop mechanics do.
- Save money on expensive bicycle repair shops
- Help family and friends maintain their bicycles
- Learn practical skills from highly trained instructors
- Learn at your own pace and fully understand each module
This course is specially designed for people who really want to get to grips with their bike and feel confident about taking care of it themselves. So don’t delay – buy now and put yourself in control.
Terms & Conditions
- 12 months unlimited access to course content.
- Compatibility: Windows, Mac
- No software included.
- Course completion certificate included.
- Free technical support available 24/5 via email, telephone or online chat.
- Course log-in details will be emailed within 3 working days of redemption.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.