Add to basket or enquire
Are you an HR professional trying to enhance your well-being plan or a line manager looking for advice on how to help your staff more effectively? Then enrol in our Workplace Mental Health course to ensure employee mental health in a more planned manner.
One of the most prevalent reasons for absenteeism from work is mental illness, which is expensive for employers due to lost productivity, subpar customer service, and higher hiring costs. A survey claims that 1 in 6.8 persons (14.7%) have mental health issues at work, and evidence points to mental health issues as the cause of 12.7% of all sick days in the UK. This Workplace Mental Health course looks at the different concepts related to mental health at work. You will study about schizophrenia as well as mood and personality disorders, eating and sleeping disorders, and stress and anxiety disorders. You'll discover the causes of suicide and other self-inflicted injuries. You will gain knowledge of mental health services, legislation, and the use of medication and therapy in the treatment of mental illness. Additionally, you will learn about social attitudes toward mental illness.
With the aid of this educational Workplace Mental Health course, if you hold a managerial position at work—whether in HR or line management—you will be better able to comprehend staff members' mental health issues and identify a solution. With the help of this course and additional education and training, you may be able to land the job of your dreams as an occupational health nurse. With time and more experience, you may advance into management and take charge of a group of occupational health employees, or you may decide to work for yourself as an occupational health consultant. After completing this course and with further education, training, and experience, you may also try out for other relevant job opportunities in the field, such as mental health nurse and social work assistant.
After the completion of this course, you will:
- Recognise genetic and psychological diseases in kids and teenagers.
- Learn about the reasons for stress and anxiety disorders in individuals.
- Understand schizophrenia and why people interpret reality abnormally.
- Discover the reason why people suffer from mood and personality problems.
- Be informed about what causes people's sleeping and eating disorders.
- Know more about why people commit suicide and harm themselves.
- Get an idea of the treatment of mental illness with medication and therapy.
- Identify the social attitudes toward mental illness among people.
- Explore mental health legislation and mental health-related services.
- Acknowledge the role of mental health in the workplace.
Additional perks of selecting Workplace Mental Health course from Thames College:
Thames College offers you the benefit of —
- Learn with an engaging voiceover and visual elements to facilitate your learning process.
- Get a year's worth of unlimited access to the course.
- Receive round-the-clock access to expert assistance.
- Participate in quick assessments and get instant feedback on your course progress.
- Study Workplace Mental Health on your own schedule from the convenience of your own home.
Please Note: Thames College is a One Education approved resale partner for Quality Licence Scheme Endorsed courses.
- Module 01: Introduction
- Module 02: Childhood and Adolescent Psychiatric and Genetic Disorders
- Module 03: Stress and Anxiety Disorders
- Module 04: Schizophrenia
- Module 05: Personality Disorders
- Module 06: Mood Disorders
- Module 07: Eating and Sleeping Disorders
- Module 08: Self-Harm and Suicide
- Module 09: Medication and Therapy in the Treatment of Mental Illness
- Module 10: Social Attitudes To Mental Illness
- Module 11: Mental Health Legislation and Services
- Module 12: Mental Health In The Workplace
Who is this course for?
This Workplace Mental Health course is for anyone who cares about mental health. Business owners and executives, HR specialists, team leaders, and all employees can benefit from this course. Practising or aspiring managers eager to enhance their own and their team's mental well-being and wish to increase productivity and decrease turnover, presenteeism, and absenteeism can benefit from this course. In addition, this course offers information that mental health practitioners can use to strengthen their knowledge.
This course is accessible to anyone with an eagerness to learn. All you require is —
- A smart device with a stable internet connection
- A keen interest in the topic
- And being over the age of 16.
Completing this Workplace Mental Health course and receiving additional education and training might increase your chances of being hired for a variety of lucrative job roles, such as:
- Mental health nurse - Salary: £27,055 to £40,588
- HR officer - Salary: £18,000 to £40,000
- Occupational health nurse - Salary: £27,055 to £47,672
- Supervisor - Salary: £15,000 to £30,000
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Digital certificate - £2.99
You can get a CPD Accredited PDF Certificate for only 2.99 GBP.
Hardcopy CPD Certificate
Hard copy certificate - £8.99
You can also get a Printed Hardcopy CPD Certificate for only 8.99 GBP.
Hard copy certificate - £139
Upon successful completion of this course, you can order an original hardcopy certificate of achievement endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme. The certificate will be home-delivered, with a pricing scheme of —
- 139 GBP within UK
- 149 GBP for International Delivery (Postal Fees Included)