Staff Training Solutions
Add to basket or enquire
Workplace Ergonomics Injury Prevention through Ergonomics level 3 Course
Endorsed Certificate of Achievement.
The human body is a fragile system, and we put many demands on it every day. Activities like reaching to get supplies off of a shelf, sitting in front of a computer for hours every day, and moving heavy products around the shop can all take a toll on our bodies. In Workplace Ergonomics - Injury Prevention through Ergonomics course, you will learn how to make your environment as ergonomic as possible.
This self-paced programme is available 24/7 providing you with the flexibility to train at the pace, location and time of your choosing. Endorsed certificate from a registered awarding body can be claimed on course completion. College registration, tutor support, course materials and additional supporting material are all included in the course fee.
What Will Students Learn?
- Define ergonomics and its related terms
- Identify where to get ergonomics information for your region
- Identify how ergonomics can be incorporated into your workplace
- Assess your environment for ergonomic hazards, create ways to resolve those issues, and plan for implementation
- Review and evaluate your ergonomic efforts
- Use change management techniques effectively
- Describe the basic principles of ergonomics
- Outline ergonomic practices for sitting, standing, lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling
- Design an ergonomic workstation
- Identify important ergonomic features of tools and machines
- Understand the role that environmental factors (such as sound, air quality, and light) play in ergonomics
An Introduction to Ergonomics
The unit 1 covers the following topics:
- What is Ergonomics?
- Legislation and Regulatory Bodies
- The Role of Ergonomics in Workplace
- The Ergonomic Assessment Cycle
Identifying and Assessing Ergonomic Hazards
The unit 2 covers the following topics:
- How to Identify Ergonomic Hazards
- Perform a job analysis for each position
- Developing a Plan to Address Ergonomic Issues
- Three Key Methods (Engineering, organizational and Individual)
- Identifying and Implementing Solutions
Integration of Ergonomics at Workplace
The unit 3 covers the following topics:
- Change Management
- Tips for Successful Implementation of Ergonomics
- Reviewing Your Ergonomics Program
- Basic Ergonomic Principles
- Best Practices for Sitting
- Best Practices for Standing
- Lifting Safely
- Transporting Materials Safely
This Unit 4 covers the following topics:
- Ergonomic Workstations
- Safe Tool Design
- Proper handgrips
- Tool Weight
- Vibration Considerations
- Reducing Vibration
- Creating an Ergonomic Environment
- Acceptable Noise Levels
- Curbing Noise in Your Environment
- White Noise and Annoyance Noise
- Full Tutor Support
- Self paced, no fixed schedules
- Available to students anywhere in the world
- 24/7 Access to the LMS ( Learning Management System )
- Easy to understand quality e-learning study materials
All course materials are included in the course price. All your study material will be available on our learning management system for which you will get access once you are enrolled. The material can be downloaded and printed as well.
Our distance learning course materials are specially written for home study and contain a wealth of knowledge in easy to understand language. We use variety of media to help you learn. Your course may use any of the following different media which you can use from home or where ever you choose to study:
- Online course materials
- Question papers
- Additional Supporting Material
- Useful Links
You will be continually assessed throughout the course. Your assignment will be marked by your tutor and independently moderated. The feedback on your assignment will then be sent to you. On receipt of this, you may wish to contact your tutor to discuss the feedback.
When you enrol on a course with Staff Training Solutions you are allocated your personal tutor. Tutor’s help and support will be available throughout your studies with the college. He/she will assess your work and will provide you with regular feedback on your progress.
There is no particular entry requirement. We do not ask for any previous qualification or experience. Students of all age and academic background can enrol on this course.
Endorsed Certificate of Achievement
At the end of the course, learner can claim an endorsed certificate by paying £85 accreditation fee.There are £9 postal charges for the UK students and £15 for the non UK students.
Certificate of Completion from STS
Certificate of Completion from STS (soft copy) can be claimed for £10. If you need hard copy of this certificate you will pay £25 + postal charges (£9 for UK students, £15 for outside UK)
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course.Be the first to ask a question.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.