Add to basket or enquire
WordPress Diploma - CPD Certified
This comprehensive WordPress course is the ideal companion for those who want to learn more about setting up and managing their own website and master the key skills that they need to use the main functionalities of WordPress easily and effectively.
Consisting of thirty interactive video-based modules, the course will equip you with all the knowledge and information that you need to hit the ground running and begin working with WordPress with ease.
Upon completion of the course content, you will feel confident in using and operating the WordPress site and will have a good grasp of the key features and tools that you need to create a professional and effective website, whatever your purpose.
What You Will Learn
The course covers these key areas in detail, plus much more.
- An overview of the key features of WordPress and how to install it to your PC
- How to navigate around the WordPress site, including familiarisation with the Updates and Settings areas and how to use and create Menus
- How to create, manage and publish posts on your website, including how to use the preview function
- Using categories and tags to organise your website, including how to create a new category and how to categorise and add tags to posts
- How to create and publish new pages in your website, including adding headings, media and content
- How to install, customise and manage website themes, including formatting text and inserting lists, links and tables
- Working with the Media Centre, including making the best use of images and videos on your website and working with photo galleries and sliders
- How to administer permissions for different types of user on your WordPress site
- Using widgets and customising them to enhance the look and feel of your website
- Choosing and installing the most appropriate Plugins for your site
- Managing user comments and contact forms
Benefits of the Course
- New users to WordPress will benefit from the all-encompassing scope of the course and the practical application that it offers.
- Students with some existing working knowledge of WordPress will find that this course enhances their knowledge and allows them to further access and work with additional functionalities and features of the site.
- The step by step video clearly structures the learning pace throughout each of the thirty easy to follow modules.
- The ability to study from any location with an internet connection
- Learn the material at any time and at your own pace.
- Lifetime access to the course – no deadlines.
- Obtain a recognised certification when completing the course, which will improve your career prospects
- Module 1: Introduction to WordPress and Resources Required to Install it
- Module 2 : Installing XAMPP Server on Local Host
- Module 3 : Installing WordPress on Local Host
- Module 4 : Overview of WordPress Navigation
- Module 5 : What is a Post and Creating Your First Post
- Module 6 : What is a Category and Creating a Category
- Module 7 : What is a Tag and How to Use a Tag
- Module 8 : What is a Page and Creating a Page
- Module 9 : Publishing Posts and Pages
- Module 10 : Editing Pages, Deleting Pages, Using Preview
- Module 11 : Editing Posts, Deleting Posts, Using Preview
- Module 12 : Formatting Text
- Module 13 : Working with Images
- Module 14 : Working with Video
- Module 15: Insert Lists, Links and Tables
- Module 16: Understanding Users
- Module 17: Understanding Tools and Set Up Site on Live Server from Local Host
- Module 18: Understanding Settings
- Module 19 : Installing a WP Theme
- Module 20 : Customise Themes
- Module 21 : Theme Settings
- Module 22 : Using Widgets
- Module 23 : Using Menus
- Module 24 : What is a Plugin?
- Module 25: Finding and Installing Plugins
- Module 26: Using a Contact Form
- Module 27: Adding a Photo Gallery
- Module 28: Adding Sliders
- Module 29: Comments and Settings
- Module 30: Security and Maintenance of WordPress
Who is this course for?
There is no experience or previous qualifications required for enrolment on this course. It is available to all students, of all academic backgrounds.
Our Course is fully compatible with PC’s, Mac’s, Laptop, Tablet and Smartphone devices. Now more than ever people are using the internet while on the move so our course has been designed to be fully compatible on tablets and smartphones so you can access your course on wifi, 3G or 4G.
There is no time limit for completing this course, it can be studied in your own time at your own pace.
All tests are online and are taken either during or after the course, these are included in the price.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course.Be the first to ask a question.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.