Add to basket or enquire
Learn how to clean windows so that they sparkle like new, and take steps to set up your own window cleaning business with the Window Cleaner Course. In this training course, you will get an overview of the full window cleaning procedure and will explore safety guidelines for working at height and with chemicals.
The course starts by introducing the history of window cleaning. You will then be introduced to essential window cleaning tools, with instruction on how to use them. Next, you will be guided through the different methods used in window cleaning and techniques for scraping glass, steam cleaning and removing paint.
The final section takes an in-depth look at health and safety regulations, covering common accidents and ladder safety. Lastly, you will learn about window maintenance, the working environment and how to successfully set up your own window cleaning business.
Highlights of Window Cleaner Course:
- Gain an insight into the role of a professional window cleaner
- Learn what tools are required for window cleaning and how to use them
- Identify the different stages in the window cleaning process
- Get tips and techniques on how to perform quality window cleaning
- Understand the methods for steam cleaning, scraping and paint removal
- Know the safety regulations for working at height and working with chemicals
- Explore career opportunities in this field including working conditions & pay
- Get started on setting up your own window cleaning business
We’ve taken this comprehensive Window Cleaner Course and broken it down into 10 manageable module which we believe will assist you to easily grasp each concept – from the fundamental to the most advanced aspects of this skills. It really is a sure pathway to success.
This course is designed with the following modules:
Module 01: Basics of Window Cleaning
- Window Cleaning: A Brief History
- Why Window Cleaning?
- What You Will Do
- Personal Requirements
Module 02: Window Cleaning Tools
- Window Squeegee
- T-Bars & Sleeves
- Window Scraper
- Telescopic Poles
- Waterfed Pole System
- Window Cleaning Soaps
- Towels/Microfiber Cloth
Module 03: Perform Window Cleaning
- Internal Window Cleaning – Spot Cleaning Glass
- The 2 Stroke Window Cleaning Method
- The Fanning Squeegee Method
- Steam Cleaning Method
Module 04: Removing Paint and Stickers
- Scraping Window Glass
- Paint Removal Instructions
Module 05: Disaster Prevention Guidelines
- Key Safety Components
- Working in Extreme Weather
- Safety Procedures Before and During Window Cleaning
- Watch Your Step
- Safe Lifting to Prevent Back Injuries
- Seven Common Accident Causes
Module 06: Equipment Safety in Window Cleaning
- Ladder Safety
- Safe Driving Tips
- Waterfed Pole Safety
- Razor Blade Scraper Safety
Module 07: Cuts, Electrocution and Chemical Safety
- Cuts and Electrocution
- Chemical Safety
- Methanol Safety
Module 08: Window Cleaning Regulations
- Window Cleaning Rules and Regulations
- Challenges of Window Cleaning Business
- Working at Height
Module 09: After Cleaning Procedures
- Clean Up and Restore the Site
- Prepare for the Next Shift
- Maintaining a Clean Window
Module 10: Career Guidelines
- Working Conditions and Pay
- Entry Routes
- Key Risks in Window Cleaning
- Starting a Window Cleaning Business
How is the course assessed?
To successfully complete the course you must pass an automated, multiple-choice assessment. The assessment is delivered through our online learning platform. You will receive the results of your assessment immediately upon completion.
Will I receive a certificate of completion?
Upon successful completion you will qualify for the UK and internationally-recognised professional qualification and you can choose to make your achievement formal by obtaining your PDF Certificate at a cost of £9 and Hardcopy Certificate for £15.
Who is this course for?
This online training course is suitable for aspiring window cleaners who wish to gain the practical skills to set up their own window cleaning service. It offers an introduction to window cleaning procedures, ideal for beginners.
On successful completion, learners will have the practical knowledge and skills to kickstart their career as a window cleaner, with the option to work for a company or set up their own professional window cleaning service.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course.Be the first to ask a question.
Rating and reviews
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.Leave a review