Add to basket or enquire
The online Wildlife Rehabilitation Training from Oplex Careers aims to provide great insight into the skills and knowledge related to working in this exciting area of work, learning the key skills working in rehabilitation for wildlife
The online Wildlife Rehabilitation Training will provide learners with a strong insight and understanding into the intriguing field of wildlife rehabilitation. This course will discuss the key skills and knowledge related to reflexology ethics, techniques, teaching relaxation, working with clients and more.
This course will provide a great insight into this field of study with the use of practical examples throughout the course. Whether working in this field already, you want to get started working in within the field of complementary therapies, or just interested in this field of study, this course will cover a range of modules and provide multiple examples for assessment.
The Reflexology Course is split into the following modules:
- Working in Rehabilitation for Wildlife
– Reasons that make you suitable for the role of wildlife rehabilitator
– Should you consider a career in wildlife rehabilitation
– The duty of a wildlife rehabilitator when there are no animals in care
– How wildlife rehabilitators get certified
– What knowledge is needed for wildlife rehabilitators to succeed
- Tips Regarding Baby Wild Animals
– How to establish when you are not allowed to rescue a wild animal
– When you receive a call regarding an animal that is orphaned
– How to relate to wild animals
– Enriching interactions
– After rescuing a wild animal, what next
- Assessing an Animal
– How to carry out assessment of a distressed animal
– Clinical Examination
– Heart rate
– Respiratory rate
– Abdominal palpitation
– Essential nutrition facts
- Animal Anatomy
– Importance of understanding anatomy and physiology
– Body systems
– Cold-blooded versus warm-blooded animals
– General anatomy and physiology of birds
– Mammals general anatomy and physiology
– The anatomy and physiology of amphibians and reptiles
- Ailments and Orphaned Animals
– Oiled birds
– General wound care
– Injuries caused by fish hooks
– Common wildlife diseases
- Handling Non-Urgent Injuries
– Common injuries handled by many wildlife rehabilitators
– Broken limbs
– Broken wings
– Damaged/broken shells
- Recommended Interaction with Wild Animals
– Differentiating interactions between wildlife and pets
– Brainstorming for the ideal animal enrichment initiatives for patients
– Ways of safely handling and restraining wildlife
– Moving wild animals for transfer and treatment
– Establishing when the patient is fit to resume life in the wild
- Why outreach and education are important
– Why outreach and education are important
– How can wildlife rehabilitators spread the word
– How to develop the appropriate education program
– Examples of outreach correctly done by rehabilitators
- Final Assessment
To assess the learners ability and knowledge to effectively understand the topics contained within the Wildlife Rehabilitation Training, the course features a number of end of module interactive quiz questions.
Additionally, at the end of the course learners will also take an online multiple choice assessment test. This online multiple choice test is marked automatically so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
On successful completion of this course learners will be awarded with:
Level 3 CPD Award in Wildlife Rehabilitation Training
Upon completion of the course learners will be awarded with the Oplex Careers CPD certificate. The Certificate of Achievement will provide proof that you have studied the course and will contain your grade and classification level.
This certificate will be produced in PDF format, hard copies of the certificate will be available at an additional fee of £9.99.
This course is delivered online through eLearning. Learners of the course will receive instant access to our interactive student learning portal, which offers 24/7 access to the Wildlife Rehabilitation Training.
The online Wildlife Rehabilitation Training requires 70 hours to complete the course in full. This is only a guide to the learning hours required and it depends on how quickly an individual can absorb the information. The learning is online so it can be spread out over multiple sessions or done in one session.
Learners will have access to this course for up to 12 months from the date of joining. There is no time limit to complete the course during this period.
When you are studying a course it is always useful to know that you have the help and support of tutors that want you to succeed in your studies.
As part of the Wildlife Rehabilitation Training you will receive access to our dedicated tutor support service. The academic tutors will be able to provide you with unlimited online email support to help answer any questions that you may have whilst you are studying the course.
Our Wildlife Rehabilitation Training is fully compatible with PC’s, Mac’s, Laptop, Tablet and Smartphone devices.
We know that more and more people are using the web whilst they are on the move, so we have designed this Wildlife Rehabilitation Training to be fully compatible across tablet and smartphone devices. You will be able to access the same content from the course, just over a 3G or 4G network whilst on the move.
There are no entry requirements necessary to join this course from Oplex Careers. Everyone is welcome to enrol on this online course and we wish you success in your studies.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Is there a certification or diploma available after the successful completion of this course please? And if yes is it included in the purchase price?
Yes absolutely! Once you have successfully completed your course and Final Assessment (which is included), our team will email your certificate over to you, all included with the purchase price. ThanksThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Linda Aston asked:
Is it a requirement or a good idea to volunteer to a wildlife centre whilst attending this training?
Yes this will certainly compliment your training course as you will be able to include on your CV your accredited online training course, plus voluntary work experience!This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.