Add to basket or enquire
This course is designed to take you from a complete beginner to a fully qualified welder, by providing you with a thorough grounding in welding processes and its principles. It covers a number of City & Guilds qualifications.
Level 2 Certificate in Fabrication and Welding Practice (QCF)
The main objective of this training course is to give you the “hands-on” knowledge and practical skills for your chosen trade, regardless of your current level of ability. This is a uniquely structured blended learning program, delivered by a combination of theory and practical skills acquisition.
The practical training is designed to complement the course – not only bringing into context the theory you have learnt at home, but also giving you the knowledge, skills and experience you need to work competently and safely in your chosen trade.
This course aims to provide you with everything you need to approach your career with confidence and gain the qualifications proving your competence in welding.
On the welding course you would be working towards these qualifications:
Level 1 & Level 2 theory modules leading to:
- City & Guilds level 1 Award in introductory Welding Skills Oxy-Acetylene Welding
- City & Guilds level 1 Award in introductory Welding Skills Metal Inert Gas Welding
- City & Guilds level 1 Award in introductory Welding Skills Metal Arc Welding
- City & Guilds level 2 Diploma in Engineering – Fabrication and Welding Technology
- City & Guilds level 2 Award in Welding Skills Tungsten Inert Gas Welding
- City & Guilds level 2 Award in Welding Skills Manual Metal Arc Welding
Upon successful completion of the course you will have attained the knowledge, skills and qualifications needed to gain employment and work competently and safely as a welder.
Our training providers will also help you compile a portfolio of your work, should you want to go on and obtain further qualifications.
Who is this course for?
Anyone who is interested in a new career as a welder
Minimum age requirement is 18 years of age and Courses start from £35/ week
Minimum age requirement is 18 years of age
You can work for a welder company in the UK or be self-employed and have your own company.