Trendimi’s Wedding Planner with Finance and Business Management course teaches you all you need to know to be an efficient, confident and professional Wedding Planner, how to successfully set up, promote and run your own business.
As a wedding planner you design, plan and manage one of the most significant events in your clients’ lives. However we know that while this will be your main focus you will also need to know how to keep your finances in order, how to get clients and referrals and how to run a successful business. This course gives you comprehensive step by step knowledge in all areas of wedding planning, finance and business management.
We love to see our students following their dreams and achieving their ambitions. We’re behind you all the way. We’ve created this course to help you direct your life – to have the tools to put your vision into your reality. Get started today and step into the future that’s waiting for you.
Immerse yourself in all aspects of becoming a well known and sought after Wedding Planner. Learn:
- To structure the timing of your tasks and plan for all the additional celebrations around the wedding itself
- What criteria to use to choose the best date and the most suitable venue
- How to be prepared for and imaginative with the wide variety of traditions and themes you may be asked to accommodate
- Track and manage your financial income and outgoings
- Set up proper bookkeeping from the start
- Understand the financial side of your business better
- Better understand how to plan for and prepare taxes
- How to create a brand for your business
- How to attract clients and all important referrals
- How to implement an online marketing strategy
- Managing your sales pitch and generating leads
- Choosing the right business set up for you
- How to successfully manage and grow your business
- Advice on where to look for funding
Module 1 : Profession of a Wedding Planner
- What is the profession of a Wedding Planner?
- What are the characteristics of a Wedding Planner?
- Client Questionnaire.
- The planning process
- Types of weddings
- Choosing music for the ceremony.
- Choosing music for the banquet.
Module 2 : Planning for the Big Day
- Engagement Party - wedding planner’s functions.
- Bachelor party - individual or joint.
- Choice of venue for the celebration.
- Invitations: design and content.
- How to prepare the guest list.
- Flower girls and pageboys - functions.
- Rings and symbols of partnership.
- The speeches - who, how, when and why?
- Event checklist - Video tutorial
Module 3 : Dressing the wedding party
- For the bride
- For the groom
- For the bridesmaids, best man, flower girls and page boys
- Other things to consider when dressing the bridal party
- Make up
- Hair colour and style
- Nail care
Module 4 : The Reception, Party and Gifts
- Choosing the banquet menu.
- Complementary Services.
- Floral decoration for the church, for the couples’ mode of transportation and for the banquet location.
- Layout of tables.
- What to give to your guests?
- What to give the couple?
- Capturing lifelong memories:
- After party.
- The honeymoon.
Module 5 : Budget, Payment and Review
- Final Budget
- Sample Budgets
- Incidence Analysis
Module 6 : Marketing your Wedding Planner business
- Market research
- Build your brand
- Take advantage of low cost marketing techniques
- Make your website work hard for you
- Use social media
- PR and advertising
Module 7 : Starting your Wedding Planner business
- What help is available
- Setting up your business
- Running your business
Module 8 : WEDDING PLANNER RESOURCES Module 9 : Beginning accounting
- History of accounting
- Why is accounting important?
- Decisions you must make
- Jargon, or how to speak like an accountant
Module 10 : Types of accounting
- Financial accounting
- Management accounting
- Tax accounting
Module 11 : Making sense of your accounts
- Organization The accounting cycle
- Using computers for accounting
- How does computerized accounting work?
Module 12 : Keeping inventory and tracking sales
- Purpose of inventory
- Keeping up with inventory
- Keeping track of sales
- Balancing cash
Module 13 : Controlling and managing expenses
- How to control expenses
- Balancing your payroll
- Long-term asset acquisitions
- Financial liabilities
Module 14 : Avoiding illegal accounting
- Improper accounting procedures
- Avoiding shortcuts
- Famous accounting scandals
Module 15 : Introduction to bookkeeping
- Importance of bookkeeping
- Single-entry bookkeeping
- Double-entry bookkeeping
Module 16 : Proper bookkeeping
- Balancing and testing your book
- How to adjust entries
- Financial statement preparation
- Profit analysis
- Liquidity, and how to test it
- Why is internal control important?
Module 17 : Tracking & reporting taxes
- What are business taxes?
- How to report year-end numbers to the government
- Finishing and closing your books
Module 18 : Handling an audit
- External auditor
- Internal auditor
- Cost auditor
- Performance audit
- Quality audits
Module 19 : Marketing
- What is marketing?
- Customers needs and wants
- Marketing research
- Market research: what to look at and where to find it
- The 4 Ps – Product, Price, Place, Promotion
- Three more Ps – People, Process, Physical environment
- Product development
- Pricing strategy
- Credit and payment terms
- Promotion channels
- How to distribute your products, B2B marketing
- After sales service – handling complaints and returns
Module 20 : Your Marketing Plan
- Why have a marketing plan?
- Essential components for a marketing plan
- Sample marketing plan
Module 21 : Low cost marketing techniques
- Business image
- Increase your visibility in your community
- Build a mailing list
- Business networking
Module 22 : Developing your brand
- Brand identity
- Brand name and logo
- Building your brand personality
- Believe in your brand and your customers will too
Module 23 : Your website
- Why do you need a website?
- Setting up a website
- Creating good content
- The copy
- Search engine optimisation, SEO
- Website analytics
- Benefits of blogging
Module 24 : Social Media and Online Marketing
- What is online marketing?
- The power of social media
- Rules of engagement
- Prepare a social media marketing plan
- Manage your online presence
- How to be likeable on social media
- A picture is worth a thousand words
- Google + Business
- Email marketing
Module 25 : Public Relations and Advertising
- Look for PR opportunities
- Writing an effective press release
- Radio/Press interview
- Generate newsworthy ideas
Module 26 : Sales
- Sales campaigns
- Your sales pitch
- Lead generation
- Pay per click advertising (PPC) and selling online
Module 27 : Preparation – Before you start your business
- Self-assessment. Are you an entrepreneur?
- Market Research and competition analysis
- Developing, assessing and testing your idea
- Funding – how to finance your business idea
- Availing of help
Module 28 : Preparation – Introduction to Marketing
- Income sources and pricing
- Marketing, advertising, promotion
- Building your marketing and sales strategy
- Make full use of technology
Module 29 : Setting up your business
- Your business structure
- Business name, brands and intellectual property
- Registering the business
Module 30 : Running your business
- Budgets and cash flow
- Accounting, record keeping and taxes
- Business bank account and online banking
- Arranging finance
- Home based business
- Staff, motivation and training
Module 31 : Business Plan
- What is a business plan and why do you need one?
- Sections in the business plan
- Access help to write your plan
Module 32 : Launching your business
- Planning a successful business launch
- Time management and delegation
- Personal development
- Building your business network
No previous experience is necessary.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Raïss Tatch asked:
Hi, Will I receive certification after completing the course? If yes, what kind of certification? Many thanks for your reply.
At the end of the course you will receive a pdf certificate confirming course completion, which can be used as proof of study for employment. You will also be eligible to order a Hard Copy certificate issued by ICOES, but this is optional.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Donna Drake asked:
Hi, if I were to buy this course, would I be allowed to download/copy the course materials, or have the modules sent to my address?
Hi Donna, The course cannot be printed but you can avail an eBook if you want a copy of the course. At the end of the course you will receive a pdf certificate confirming course completion, which can be used as proof of study for employment. You will also be eligible to order a Hard Copy certificate issued by ICOES, but this is optional.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Raïss Tatch asked:
Hi, Thanks for your reply. How much does a Hard Copy certificate issued by ICOES cost?? Thanks
Everything you need to complete the course is available online. You can study at your own pace over the generous time of 60 consecutive days. For Hard Copy ICOES Certificates verification, printing and postage fees apply. Please see below the price and the time it will take to post the certificate: Standard posting 19.99; Delivery estimate: EU 11-14 working days, ROW 17-24 working daysThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.