The CIW Web Design Specialist qualification will build on your basic Web authoring skills to learn the essentials and best practices of Web design, including design theory, tools and techniques.
Web design offers many fundamental skills when promoting a business idea or marketing a product, web design also allows you to utilise the internet for its marketing power through innovatively designed and functional websites.
Get CIW certification in Web Design with this CIW Web Design Specialist course and exam package and show any business that you’re the missing element in their web development team.
Click ‘Enquire Now’ to speak to one of our experts who will guide you through the enrollment process. We are also able to offer Supercard as part of our package, speak to one of our advisors today to find out more.
Key Benefits of Supercard*
- Completely free mobile phone & gadget insurance worth £15 per month
- Free night in a luxury hotel
- Free return flight to one of 13 European destinations
- Free week’s accommodation in the sun for up to 4 people
- Free 12-month Gourmet Society membership
- Up to 40% off cinema
CIW are the world’s premier vendor-neutral IT and Web technology education and certification program. CIW has trained more than 1 million students and web professionals, awarding more than 170,000 professional IT certifications in institutions worldwide.
The CIW curriculum focuses on the foundational standards and job skills that enable the internet to functions, including Web Design, Web Development, Security, Administration, Networking and Databases.
CIW has become the educational standard adopted by organisations worldwide for web technology skills. Corporations such as Cisco, HP, BAE Systems, Citibank and even the U.S National Security Administration request CIW certifications in their job postings for available IT positions.
- Overview of Web Design Concepts
- Web Development Teams
- Web Project Management Fundamentals
- Web Site Development Process
- Web Page Layout and Elements
- Web Site Usability and Accessibility
- Navigation Concepts
- Web Graphics
- Multimedia and the Web
- Ethical and Legal Issues in Web Development
- HTML and the Evolution of Markup
- XML and XHTML
- Web Page Structure – Tables and Framesets
- Cascading Style Sheets
- Site Content and Metadata
- Site Development with Microsoft Expression Web 4 – Introduction, Basic & Advanced Features
- Site Development with Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 – Introduction, Basic & Advanced Features
- Creating Web Pages Using Open-Source Tools
- Image Editing with Adobe Fireworks CS6
- Multimedia with Adobe Flash Professional CS6 – Tweens, Movie Clips, ActionScript, Masks and Practical Uses
- Plug-Ins and Java Applets
- HTTP Servers and Web Applications
- Web Site Publishing and Maintenance
- Objective Testing
- 70 Questions
- 70% Required to Pass
- 75 Minute’s Duration
Who is this course for?
The CIW Web Design Specialist qualification is for you if you are looking to build on your fundamental web design knowledge, this includes:
• Web Designers
• Internet Consultants
• IT Professionals
• Marketing Professionals
• Web and Graphic Artists
• Business Professionals
There are no official requirements for this CIW Web Design Specialist qualification, but we do recommend taking the CIW Site Development Foundation course to learn the basics of web site development.
The CIW Web Design Specialist qualification will give you the knowledge to function in roles including:
• Web Designer
• Web Development
• Graphic Designer
The average salary for a CIW Web Design Specialist qualified IT Professional is £53,000 per year. (Source: 2016 IT Skills and Salary Survey)
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.