Warehouse Management Diploma - Best Seller - IAO Accredited
This warehouse management course offers all the information necessary to successfully manage any warehouse in the UK. Once you complete the curriculum, you will be well on your way to a career in warehouse management.
This course includes content from understanding how a warehouse works and functions, to managing employees and warehouse safety. We have created this course to ensure that students have the knowledge necessary to find success in their chosen career path.
When taking this course online, most students find that it is highly convenient. This is thanks to its layout, as it is easy to find time to both focus on the curriculum as well as the other responsibilities that you might have each day.
The course is accessible from any computer or mobile device that can connect to the internet. It also includes 24/7 online support.
When the course is completed, you will earn a diploma to prove that you successfully completed each part.
What You Will Learn
This course was designed to give students a total overview of what is necessary to manage a warehouse.
Here’s what the course covers:
- The main function of warehouses in today’s modern business structure
- The equipment found in warehouses and how technology supports it
- The processes often used in warehouses for maximum flow
- The importance and process of picking in a warehouse
- Successfully managing the inventory of a warehouse
- Managing and controlling stock in a warehouse
- The functions and processes of supply chains and how to optimise them
- The management of your staff whilst managing the operation of a warehouse
- Promoting safety in a warehouse and developing a health and safety policy
- Controlling costs when managing a warehouse
Benefits of the Warehouse Management Course
When you start studying this warehouse management course, you will experience numerous benefits, including the following:
- An affordable course that gives you a solid start in your warehouse management career.
- An easy to understand curriculum that is divided into easy to read modules.
- In-module quizzes to ensure that you understand the material before moving forward.
- 24/7 online support.
- Course materials that are all-inclusive, including worksheets and activities.
- The ability to study when it is convenient for you, as long as you have a connection to the internet.
- No time limit. This course material can be studied whenever you like at your own pace.
- Lifetime access to the course. Once you buy it, you can access it at any time.
- When completed, you get a recognised diploma, which can help to improve your prospects in warehouse management.
Module 1: The Basic Principles of Warehouse Management
- The main functions of a warehouse in modern supply chains
- Challenges warehouse managers face
- How to determine the warehouse’s location
- Factors to consider when thinking about the number of warehouses required
Module 2: Technology and Trends in Warehouse Management
- The types of equipment used
- Basic principles of logistics
- Details about outsourcing
- Investigating robotics
Module 3: Warehouse Processes
- The work involved in receiving goods
- The importance of warehouse organisation
- Details about the storage of goods
- Processes and procedures behind the despatching of goods
Module 4: Picking and Warehouse Management
- What picking is, and its role in the supply chain
- Commonly used picking methods
- Frequently used picking systems
- Ways to improve picking productivity
Module 5: Managing Warehouse Inventory
- How to develop a warehouse layout to better organise inventory
- The basic inventory management and tracking methods
- The importance of auditing
- How to reduce inventory costs
Module 6: Controlling, Verifying, and Reporting Stock
- The definition of stock, and how to tell how much you need
- Best practices for controlling stock movement within a warehouse
- Methods of stock verification
- Which warehouse reports are crucial to effective management
Module 7: Inventory and Supply Chain in a Warehouse
- The main function of supply chains
- Supply chain processes
- How to optimise your supply chain
- The various inventory decisions managers need to make
Module 8: Managing People in a Warehouse
- All about the hiring process
- Various disciplinary issues and when to let a staff member go
- Tips and tricks about conflict resolution
- Keeping your workforce engaged and motivated
Module 9: Safety in a Warehouse
- How to develop and enforce a health and safety policy
- Proper materials handling procedures
- All about risk assessment
- Mitigating or minimising risk
Module 10: Warehouse Cost Management
- Categories of warehouse costs
- Managing labour expenses
- The importance of slotting
- Utilising technology
Who is this course for?
There is no experience or previous qualifications required for enrolment on this course. It is available to all students, of all academic backgrounds.
Our Course is fully compatible with PC’s, Mac’s, Laptop, Tablet and Smartphone devices. Now more than ever people are using the internet while on the move so our course has been designed to be fully compatible on tablets and smartphones so you can access your course on wifi, 3G or 4G.
There is no time limit for completing this course, it can be studied in your own time at your own pace.
All tests are online and are taken either during or after the course, these are included in the price.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.