Visual Merchandising Diploma Training Course
- Certificate of completion available and is included in the price
- NUS card is available to purchase separately
Visual merchandising is one of a retailer’s most valuable assets. When done well, it can drive sales, inspire loyalty in customers, improve the buying experience and communicate a brand’s core values and ideals. This course will provide you with a comprehensive overview of the principles and practices of visual merchandising. Although the content focuses primarily on visual merchandising within a traditional retail environment, much of the material is also relevant in other art and design-based contexts, such as exhibition design, interior design, ecommerce-related web design, and event planning.
This course addresses numerous practical aspects of visual merchandising, including the proper use of planograms, brand communication, the launching of sales campaigns, and arranging seasonal displays. You will learn exactly what drives a customer to make a purchase, and how to harness the shopper’s senses in such a way that they feel inclined to buy a product. Whether you are a small business owner wanting to learn how to show your products to their best advantage, an individual looking to break into the retail industry, or simply someone with a passion for the visual arts, you will soon develop a working knowledge of all key areas of visual merchandising. The knowledge you gain during this course will prepare you to enter this challenging yet rewarding and highly creative profession.
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major browsers / devices
What You Will Learn
- What visual merchandising is, why visual merchandising plays a vital role in the retail industry, and the ways in which visual merchandising practices have changed over time.
- The various kinds of internal and external displays a visual merchandiser will create, the principles underlying good display design, and how planograms are used to guide visual merchandisers in their day-to-day work.
- How visual merchandisers choose, dress and style mannequins when designing displays.
- The most common types of fixtures and fittings used by visual merchandisers and how they are used to construct eye-catching displays.
- Why a visual merchandiser needs to understand the principles behind an effective store layout and how these layouts are put together.
- How visual merchandisers display home furnishings and related products in a way that promotes sales and improves customer engagement.
- The challenges that come with displaying shoes and accessories, together with an overview of the most common techniques used to present items in these categories.
- How visual merchandisers can play a key role in ensuring the success of sales and promotions.
- The most pressing issues confronting retailers today and how they are shaping visual merchandising roles.
- How to begin and develop a career in visual merchandising, together with an overview of alternative career paths for those with previous experience in retail merchandising.
Benefits of taking this course
- You will gain an insight into the necessary qualities and qualifications needed for a career in visual merchandising, which will help you make informed choices when seeking training and employment in this sector.
- You will be in a position to put together effective, attractive displays that incorporate both merchandise and props.
- You will be able to apply for entry-level assistant merchandising roles, confident that you have knowledge of the underlying principles of contemporary retail displays.
- You will be able to begin a career that could give you the opportunity to manage a visual merchandising team, and to assume considerable creative responsibility within a retail environment.
- You can learn the material in any place, at any time, and at your own speed.
- All you need is an internet-enabled device.
- Content is presented as brief modules, making learning easy.
- Affordable cost.
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 10 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 12 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 1: What Is Visual Merchandising?
- Module 2: General Principles in Putting Displays Together
- Module 3: Mannequins
- Module 4: Stands and Other Store Fixtures Used in Visual Merchandising
- Module 5: Planning Store Layouts
- Module 6: Displaying Home Accessories, Homeware and Food
- Module 7: Merchandising Shoes and Fashion Accessories
- Module 8: Creating Effective Sales and Clearance Campaigns
- Module 9: Issues in 21st Century Visual Merchandising
- Module 10: Starting and Furthering Your Career as a Visual Merchandiser
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.