Add to basket or enquire
The Visual Merchandising Diploma is aimed at those who want to move into visual merchandising as a career or harbour hopes of becoming a Store Manager. The Visual Merchandising Diploma course covers all the aspects of visual merchandising and displays in retail today. It will give you a thorough understanding of visual merchandising, its practical application and the different roles of the visual merchandiser.
Starting with the basics, you will go on to explore creating themes of specific design, space planning ideas, how to inject excitement into stores and a variety of window display techniques. In this Visual Merchandising Diploma, you will learn how handling and dressing mannequins and dummies correctly can lead to further purchases, and discover the most up-to-date visual merchandising tips and tricks that will lead you to become a successful Visual Merchandiser. You will be able to create an efficient store layout and know the right procedures for displaying in the retail shop.
In addition, you will be able to build up your knowledge using the fashion capital in the world as an extra resource.
Highlights of the Visual Merchandising Diploma:
- Demonstrate an integrated understanding of the complex body of Visual Merchandising.
- Understand the crucial roles and responsibilities of a Visual Merchandiser including the elements of visual merchandising.
- Improve your oversight identifying practices and determine adequate ways of surviving in Retail Industry.
- Learn to connect your customers to material including the entire environment.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of visual merchandising basics for the 21st century.
- Explore the secrets of effective visual merchandising that will increase and improve engagement and conversions.
- Develop your knowledge and skills to enter a career in visual merchandising and succeed in this field.
We’ve taken this comprehensive Visual Merchandising Diploma course and broken it down into several manageable modules which we believe will assist you to easily grasp each concept – from the fundamental to the most advanced aspects of the course. It really is a sure pathway to success.
This Visual Merchandising Diploma course is designed with the following modules:
Module 1: Visual Merchandising
- What visual merchandising is
- The purpose of visual merchandising
- How visual appeal of products are increased
- Materials used
- History of visual merchandising
Module 2: Role of Visual Merchandiser
- What visual merchandisers do
- Who they work with
- How visual merchandiser creates stories through their work
- Responsibilities at the corporate level
Module 3: Responsibilities and Requirements
- Responsibility of the visual display and maintenance
- Roles in managing inventories
- Training the store team
- Required qualifications and skills of a visual merchandiser
Module 4: Elements of Visual Merchandising
- How to use colors and significance of each color
- Creating a point of focus and telling a story
- Reveal maximum merchandise to customer avoiding mess
- Making best use of unoccupied spaces
- Landscaping, texture and decor
Module 5: Visual Merchandising Techniques
- Some tried and true techniques
- Different techniques for displaying items in shelves
- In-store visual merchandising
- Layout of the store and use of mannequins
- Atmospherics, light, music and scent
- How to create an eye-catching exterior display
- Seasonal display
Module 6: Pop-Up Shops and Window Display
- Visual merchandising toolkit
- Principles for creating intriguing window display
- Essentials for creating effective merchandising display
Module 7: Retail Signage 101
- Best practices that apply first
- Outdoor Signage
- Informational Signage
- Persuasive Signage
Module 8: Marketing Your Pop-up Shop
- How to attract customers by appearing temporary
- Event ideas
- Influencers to reach out to for promotion
- Effectively crafting a pitch for getting attention
Module 9: Merchandising Your Store
- Adjusting display according to season
- How to arrange products by use or display by color
- Use of lighting
- Words to use and not to use in a sign
Module 10: Mannequins
- Why mannequins are used in-store displays
- Main advantages of using mannequins
- Unpacking, dressing and undressing a mannequin
- Using heads and wigs
- Cleaning the mannequin
Module 11: Dressing Mannequins
- Steps to follow and points to remember
- Steps to follow for specific dresses
- Styling tips
Module 12: Fixtures
- Objectives and importance of using fixtures
- How to select fixtures
- Understanding basic display fixtures
Module 13: Floor Layouts and Aisle Spacing
- Primary layouts and designs to use
- General merchandising planning for small businesses
- Where to place seasonal merchandise
- Where to place high margin items
Module 14: Jewelry Store and Boutiques
- How to make the best use of display cases
- How to use lighting in display cases
- How to place products in a boutique setting
Module 15: Cash Register Area Merchandising
- Items to put near the cash register
- Additional thoughts to consider in checkout area design
- Store Design Software and Store Planning Companies
Module 16: 21st Century Merchandising
- 21st century visual merchandising basics
- Latest trends in retail
- Going digital
- Experimenting with experience
Module 17: Surviving in Retail Industry
- How to survive as a small company
- How to get inspiration from customers
- Reaching out through the use of technology
Module 18: Visual Merchandising & Online Retailing
- Pros and cons of online retail
- How to attract customers online through visual merchandising
- Some common misconceptions
Module 19: Pop-Up Stores and Its Popularity
- Why invest in a pop-up store
- Some inspirational pop-up stores
Module 20: Career in Merchandising
- Visual merchandiser salary and what to expect
- Skills and work experience required
- Who are the employers
- Career prospects and keeping up with trends
How is the course assessed?
To successfully complete the Visual Merchandising Diploma course, you must pass an automated, multiple-choice assessment. The assessment is delivered through our online learning platform. You will receive the results of your assessment immediately upon completion.
While I receive a certificate of completion?
Upon successful completion of this Visual Merchandising Diploma, you will qualify for the UK and internationally-recognised professional qualification and you can choose to make your achievement formal by obtaining your Certificate at an additional cost.
Who is this course for?
Whether you’re an existing Visual Merchandiser or aspiring professional, this Visual Merchandising Diploma course will enhance your expertise and boost your CV with key skills and an accredited qualification attesting to your knowledge.
The Visual Merchandising Diploma is open to all, with no formal entry requirements. All you need is a passion for learning, a good understanding of the English language, numeracy and IT, and to be over the age of 16.
- Assistant visual merchandiser salaries will typically start between £12,000 and £18,000, depending on experience and in-store or field function.
- Experienced or management roles can attract starting salaries of £20,000 to £27,000 with senior levels starting at around £30,000. Those working at director or international levels can earn between £45,000 and £60,000 per annum.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
how many days will it take to complete course and get certificate? Is the one week is enough?
Hi Gul, The estimated course duration is 6 hours. You will have one year access to the course after getting enrolled. Upon successful completion of the course, you will be able to obtain an accredited certificate. Thanks.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Are you able to complete this course without being employed in the retail industry?
Dear Teena, You don't need to have any formal entry requirements to do the course. This course is open for all, you will learn everything directly from the course. You need to be over 16 and have a good understanding in English language. Many thanks, Help DeskThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Ellie Prestage asked:
Do you only get one attempt to pass the course?
Dear Ellie, Thank you for contacting us. You can take the mock exam for three times and the final exam for one. You can retake the final exam with the additional fee for three(3) times. ThanksThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.