This online Visual Merchandising Diploma is the perfect flexible learning solution for anyone keen to pursue a career in the creative but competitive world of visual merchandising. Talented visual merchandisers are a key weapon in any retailer’s constant battle to stay ahead of the competition by using attractive displays to entice customers to choose their products. Therefore, those with visual merchandising skills will always be sought after by all kinds of retailers, from small boutiques to huge department stores and shopping centres.
Will It Help Me Get A Visual Merchandiser Job?
In a word, yes. There are no prerequisites to take the course – all that is required is a passion for creative displays and an interest in starting a career in visual merchandising. However, perhaps you already work in a retail sales environment and are keen to make the leap to visual merchandising? Or maybe you’ve already gained some informal hands-on experience through your retail job? Whether you have any retail experience or not, the principles and techniques this diploma teaches will qualify you to apply for junior-level visual merchandising positions.
This diploma is also a wise investment for small business owners who need to improve their skills when it comes to creating enticing product displays, or employers who need a hassle-free solution for training staff in visual merchandising.
What Visual Merchandising Skills Will I Learn?
You’ll start by learning the basics with a comprehensive introduction to visual merchandising. From there, you’ll progress to exploring visual merchandising in the areas of fashion, accessories and homeware. By the end of the course you’ll be confident with planograms, sales campaigns and arranging seasonal displays. You’ll also gain a valuable insight into what drives a customer to actually buy a product, and how you can tap into that feeling in the displays you create.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Work through 10 modules of visual merchandising training and test your knowledge with a final exam (included) to achieve certification.
- Find out exactly what is meant by the term ‘visual merchandising’.
- Learn about the general principles of putting displays together.
- Explore everything you need to know about mannequins.
- Learn about stands and other store fixtures used in visual merchandising.
- Study how to plan a store layout.
- Learn about displaying home accessories, homeware and food.
- Learn how to merchandise shoes and fashion accessories.
- Master creating effective sale and clearance campaigns.
- Explore the challenges of visual merchandising in the 21st century.
- Find out how to get started and develop your career in visual merchandising.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- This diploma equips you with the necessary qualities and qualifications to forge a career in visual merchandising.
- Impress potential employers with your ability to create effective, attractive displays.
- Gain confidence when applying for entry-level visual merchandising jobs.
- Give yourself an advantage in this competitive and exciting area of retail.
- Take the online multiple-choice test at a time and in a place of your choosing.
- Units of Study
What Is Visual Merchandising?
General Principles in Putting Displays Together
Stands and Other Store Fixtures Used in Visual Merchandising
Planning Store Layouts
Displaying Home Accessories, Homeware and Food
Merchandising Shoes and Fashion Accessories
Creating Effective Sales and Clearance Campaigns
Issues in 21st Century Visual Merchandising
Starting and Furthering Your Career as a Visual Merchandiser
- An ideal investment for independent shop and boutique owners who wish to improve their displays.
- Also suitable for retailers looking to train staff in visual merchandising.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.