Add to basket or enquire
Advanced Diploma in Veterinary Support Assistant at QLS Level 3
The Veterinary Support Assistant course is all you need to kick start your dream career in veterinary. This comprehensive course, with over 20 modules, will thoroughly educate you on all the necessary knowledge and skills needed to stand out as a qualified veterinary assistant within the industry. All you need to enroll in this course is a qualification of level 2 or above in a related disciple, and behold how this course turns you into a skilled veterinary assistant in a matter of days.
Advanced Diploma in Veterinary Support Assistant at QLS Level 3 course (USA Standards) will start off with all the veterinary terminology that will be essential for your veterinary career. You will then be trained on how to handle cats, dogs and small mammals in a friendly way so as to not frighten them. The basic anatomy and physiology of animals will also be covered extensively through this course to help you deal with them appropriately.
Our tutors will enlighten you on how to interpret signs of pain in animals and on how to feed animals who are sick and healthy. The veterinary support assistant course will also walk you through the other daily tasks of a veterinary assistant such as monitoring in-patients, taking vital signs and record keeping, after which the health and safety regulations of a veterinary institute will be presented. By the end of this course, you will walk away with knowledge and skills that will immensely help you get into the veterinary industry.
**This course has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website**
Why study at 1Training ?
1Training offers the most convenient path to gain skills and training that will give you the opportunity to put into practice your knowledge and expertise in an IT or corporate environment. You can study at your own pace at 1Training and you will be provided with all the necessary material which includes Free CV writing pack to make your learning experience enriching and rewarding.
What Will I Learn?
- Learn veterinary terminology.
- Gain practical skills on how to handle cats, dogs and small mammals.
- Learn how to interpret signs of pain.
- Learn the basic anatomy and physiology of animals.
- Learn how to monitor in-patients, take vital signs, record keeping.
- Learn about health and safety regulations when practicing as part of a veterinary team.
- Learn how to feed animals who are healthy and sick.
➽ (Module 01) Introduction To Veterinary Practice
- The Goals of This Course
- What Is A Veterinary Support Assistant?
- The Structure of Veterinary Practice
- Roles Within The Veterinary Team
- Confidentiality And Professionalism
➽ (Module 02) Developing The Skill Set Required
- The Practice Manual
- Know Your Breeds
- Listen And Learn
- Understanding Consent Forms
- Telephone Skills
- Dealing with Anxious Clients
- Using Your Initiative
➽ (Module 03) Your Presentation And Personal Appearance
- Personal appearance and manner
➽ (Module 04) Terms And Abbreviation Used In Veterinary
- Commonly Used Terms
- Common Procedures
➽ (Module 05) Equipment Used In The Practice
- Equipment Within The Practice
➽ (Module 06) Basic Handling Of Animals
- The Principles Of Handling Animals
- Handling Dogs
- Handling Cats
- Handling Small Mammals
- Handling Exotics
➽ (Module 07) Animal Psychology
- How Animals React To Stress
- Reading Body Language
➽ (Module 08) Dealing With Stress And Pain In Animals
- Minimizing Stress
- Recognizing Pain in Animals
➽ (Module 09) Advanced Animal Handling
- Tools For Handling The Fractious Animal
- Restraining the Fractious Animal
➽ (Module 10) Holding Animals For Medical Examination Procedure And For Blood Draw
- Holding an Animal for a Medical Examination
- Holding an Animal for a Minor Procedure
- Holding an Animal for a Blood Draw
➽ (Module 11) The Veterinary Practices
- Theater Protocol
- Consultation Protocol
- Operative Preparations
➽ (Module 12) Sterilizing Disinfection And Disease Control
- Sterilizing Instruments
- Disinfection And Disease Control
➽ (Module 13) Care Of Inpatients
- Monitoring Animals And Updating Charts
- TLC - Providing The Optimal Environment
- Special Measures - Hand Feeding And Critical Care
- Taking Vital Signs
➽ (Module 14) Feeding The Animals
- Feeding The Well Animal
- Food and Surgery
- Life Stage Nutrition
- Prescription Diets
- Feeding The Sick Animal
➽ (Module 15) Basic Anatomy Of Animals
- How Animals Differ From People
- Anatomical Terms
➽ (Module 16) Basic Animal Physiology
- Physiological Terms
➽ (Module 17) Normal Reference Ranges
- Normal Reference Ranges
➽ (Module 18) Euthanasia
- Making a Difficult Decision
- End of Life Choices
- Euthanasia Etiquette
- How Euthanasia Is Performed
- Burial or Cremation
➽ (Module 19) Emergency Situations
- Dealing With an Emergency
- Your Role During An Emergency
- Basic Resuscitation
➽ (Module 20) First-Aid
- Basic First Aid
- Breathing Difficulties and CPR
➽ (Module 21) Health Safety And Regulations
- Risks With in the Veterinary Environment
- The Importance of Hygiene
- Ionizing Radiation Regulations
- Prescribing Regulations
- Disposal of Clinical Waste
Method of Assessment
This online course will be evaluated through written assignments. In order to complete this programme successfully , all students are required to complete a series of assignments. The completed assignments must be submitted via the online portal. Your instructor will review and evaluate your work and provide your feedback based on how well you have completed your assignments.
★★Quality Licence Scheme Certification★★
At the Completion of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from Quality Licence Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
✤Certification Fee (Printed Quality Licence Scheme Certificate) – £24 ONLY!!
★★CPD Accredited Certificate★★
Learners who complete the course successful will receive a CPD Accredited Certificate.
✤CPD Accredited Certification Fee (E Certificate/ PDF Copy) – FREE!
✤CPD Accredited Certification Fee (Printed Certificate/ Hard Copy) – £19 ONLY!!
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
The Quality Licence Scheme is part of the Skills and Education Group, a charitable organisation that unites education and skills-orientated organisations that share similar values and objectives. With more than 100 years of collective experience, the Skills and Education Group’s strategic partnerships create opportunities to inform, influence and represent the wider education and skills sector.
The Skills and Education Group also includes two nationally recognised awarding organisations; Skills and Education Group Awards and Skills and Education Group Access. Through our awarding organisations we have developed a reputation for providing high-quality qualifications and assessments for the education and skills sector. We are committed to helping employers, organisations and learners cultivate the relevant skills for learning, skills for employment, and skills for life.
Our knowledge and experience of working within the awarding sector enables us to work with training providers, through the Quality Licence Scheme, to help them develop high-quality courses and/or training programmes for the non-regulated market.
- Written and designed by the industry’s finest expert instructors with over 15 years of experience
- Repeat and rewind all your lectures and enjoy a personalised learning experience
- Unlimited 12 months access from anywhere, anytime
- Save time and money on travel
- Learn at your convenience and leisure
- Eligible for a TOTUM discount card
Who is this course for?
The course in Veterinary Support Assistant is ideally suited for,
- Individuals who want to explore career opportunities in veterinary service
- Individuals who are animal lovers or in regular contact with animals, those working in shelters and as volunteers
- Veterinary Technicians
- Anyone with a deep interest in animal care and veterinary care
This Veterinary Support Assistant course requires no formal qualifications and this certification is open to everyone
This Veterinary Support Assistant course would be beneficial for the following careers:
- Veterinary Assistant
- Veterinary Nurse
- Pet Care Pro
- Pet Care Associate
- Pet Care Attendant
- Pet Care Specialist
- Pet Sitter
- Pet Groomer
- Dog Walker
- Pet Care Assistant
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Certificate of completion
Digital certificate - Included
Request for your Original Printed Quality Licence Scheme Certificate (Hardcopy) Certification Fee : £24 ONLY!
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.