Do you dream to work with the animal! Then take your first step with this Veterinary Assistant Diploma Level 3.
Veterinary assistants give medical care to all animals and promote their well-being by performing multiple tasks under the supervision of veterinarians and veterinary technicians. This Veterinary Assistant Diploma Level 3 aims to introduce you to the science of veterinary medicine. The Veterinary Assistant Diploma Level 3 course will give you all the important job skills you need like handling and restraint, providing emergency first aid to animals, using veterinary terminology, and more. You will be able to care for injured or sick animals, and explore client relations, office and hospital procedures, animal nursing, surgical preparations, laboratory processes, and radiology, and pharmacology terminology.
Highlights of the Veterinary Assistant Diploma Level 3:
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the development of veterinary medicine.
- Learn how to diagnoses, treats and prevent diseases and injuries in animals.
- Advise on how to take the best care of the animal companions.
- Understand the importance of safe & good quality food.
- Gain an overview of animal welfare and determine the classification of living organisms.
- Discover an array of topics explaining the animal cell, tissues, the skin, the skeleton and more.
- Improve your understanding of the clinical application for setting bones.
- Understand the general services that a vet provides.
- Get a deeper understanding of the reasons behind disease occurrence.
- Discover detailed information on animals' cardiovascular system, respiratory system, lymphatic system, urinary system, and many more.
- Be able to perform surgeries, vaccinate, diagnose and medicate animals.
Why Choose this Veterinary Assistant Diploma Level 3 Course:
- This best ever Veterinary Assistant Diploma Level 3 course is suitable for anyone interested in working in this sector or who simply wants to learn more about the topic. If you’re an individual looking to excel within this field then Veterinary Assistant Diploma Level 3 is for you.
- We’ve taken this comprehensive Veterinary Assistant Diploma Level 3 course and broken it down into several manageable modules which we believe will assist you to easily grasp each concept – from the fundamental to the most advanced aspects of the Veterinary Assistant Diploma Level 3 course. It really is a sure pathway to success.
- All our courses offer 12 months access and are designed to be studied at your own pace so you can take as much or as little time as you need to complete and gain the qualification.
- We pride ourselves on having friendly and experienced instructors who provide full weekday support and are ready to help with any of your queries. So, if you need help, just drop them an email and await a speedy response.
This Veterinary Assistant Diploma Level 3 is designed with the following modules:
Veterinary Assistant Diploma Level 3
Module 01: The Development of Veterinary Medicine
- Historical perspective
- Contemporary veterinary medicine
Module 02: Naming and Classifying Animals
- Naming Animals
- Classification of living organisms
- The animal kingdom
- The classification of vertebrates
Module 03: The Cell
- The plasma membrane
- How substances move across the plasma membrane
- The cytoplasm
- The nucleus
- And more
Module 04: Tissues
- Classification of tissues
- Epithelial tissue
- General characteristics of epithelia
- Cellular attachments
- And more
Module 05: Connective Tissue
- General characteristics
- Components of connective tissue
- Types of connective tissue
Module 06: Muscle Tissue and Nervous Tissue
- Muscle tissue
- Nervous tissue
Module 07: Tissue Healing And Repair
- Inflammation: the first stage
- Steps in the process of inflammation
- Organisation: The Formation Of Granulation Tissue
Module 08: The Skin
- The skin
- Skin structures made of keratin
- Skin Glands
- And more
Module 09: Bone
- Bone characteristics
- Functions of bones
- Bone structure
Module 10: The Skeleton
- The vertebral column
- The skull
- The forelimb
- The hind limb
- And more
Module 11: Describing Disease Occurrence
- Some basic terms
- The structure of animal populations
- Measures of disease occurrence
Module 12: Cardiovascular System
- The heart
- Blood circulation
Module 13: Respiratory System and Lymphatic System
- Respiratory system
- Lymphatic system
- Problems with lymph nodes and the lymphatic system
- Other organs of the lymphatic system
Module 14: The Gut and Digestion
- And more
Module 15: Urinary System and Reproductive System
- Urinary system
- Processes occurring in the nephron
- The production of concentrated urine
- Reproductive system
- And more
Module 16: Nervous System, Senses and Endocrine System
- Functions of the nervous system
- The senses
- The endocrine system
- And more
Module 17: Nutrients
- Oxygen and water
- Neutral fats
Module 18: Metabolism
- Stage one: the gastrointestinal tract
- Anabolic metabolism
- Carbohydrate metabolism
- And more
How is the Veterinary Assistant Diploma Level 3 course assessed?
To successfully complete the Veterinary Assistant Diploma Level 3 course you must pass an automated, multiple-choice assessment. The assessment is delivered through our online learning platform. You will receive the results of your assessment immediately upon completion.
While I receive a certificate of completion?
Upon successful completion of the Veterinary Assistant Diploma Level 3 Course, you will qualify for the UK and internationally-recognised professional qualification and you can choose to make your achievement formal by obtaining your Certificate at an additional cost.
Who is this course for?
Whether you’re an existing practitioner or aspiring professional, this Veterinary Assistant Diploma Level 3 course will enhance your expertise and boost your CV with key skills and an accredited qualification attesting to your knowledge.
The Veterinary Assistant Diploma Level 3 is open to all, with no formal entry requirements. All you need is a passion for learning, a good understanding of the English language, numeracy and IT, and to be over the age of 16.
This Veterinary Assistant Diploma Level 3 is compatible with all kinds of devices and the age requirement for this Veterinary Assistant Diploma Level 3 is 16. So, basically, everyone can take this course to acquire Veterinary Assistant Diploma Level 3 skills that are necessary.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course.Be the first to ask a question.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.