Add to basket or enquire
This Urban Gardening course is designed to give you all the information you need to start a garden in an urban area. Upon completing the course, not only will you be ready to create a garden from scratch, you will know how to keep up and expand your garden year after year.
This course includes everything from choosing a location for your urban garden to collecting seeds from your garden for the following years. We have created this course to ensure that you understand what creating an urban garden entails and how to care for the garden you create.
The course is online and provides you with a convenient way to study the course material when it is most convenient for your schedule. Students who take the course still have time to continue working.
You will have access to the urban garden course material from your computer or any mobile device with internet access. We also offer access to online support 24/7. When you complete the course, you will obtain a course certificate, which proves that you have successfully completed the Urban Gardening course. You can download the certificate from home immediately.
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
What You Will Learn
We created this Urban Gardening course to offer students a full overview of how to create an urban garden. When you complete the course, you will be ready to create an urban garden of your own.
The course covers the following information:
- A history of urban gardening
- Choosing the right location for your urban garden
- Determining how much sun your garden gets
- The tools and supplies you need for your garden
- Understanding plant hardiness
- The difference between annuals and perennials
- Creating a budget for your garden
- Appropriate plants for urban gardens
- Preparing the soil for an urban garden
- Crop rotation
- Watering and fertilising
- Tackling weeds, pests and disease
- How to transplant plants
- Creating compost for your urban garden
- Preserving fruits and veg
- Drying flowers and collecting seeds
Benefits of the Urban Gardening Certificate
- The ability to study wherever you wish at any time. Study from home, from a park, a restaurant or anywhere there is internet access.
- There is no time limit, so you can study at your own pace. You can finish the course in days, weeks or even months.
- Study from any internet-enabled device. This includes mobiles, tablets and computers.
- Easy to understand course that is divided into digestible modules. This makes studying an enjoyable experience.
- Access to support online, which helps you to continue to stay on track as you work through the course.
- Course training that is all-inclusive; worksheets, activities and quizzes help to keep you on track.
- Improve your odds of success when starting an urban garden.
- Earning a recognised certificate upon completion of the course.
- Affordable material.
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 8 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 1: Introduction to Urban Gardens
- Module 2: Choosing Plants for your Urban Garden
- Module 3: Planting and Maintaining an Urban Garden
- Module 4: Caring for and Getting More Out of an Urban Garden
- Module 5: Beyond the Urban Garden
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Can vertical vegetable gardening will also be thought?
These are the topics: A history of urban gardening Choosing the right location Determining how much sun your garden gets The tools and supplies you need for your garden Understanding plant hardiness The difference between annuals and perennials Creating a budget for your garden Appropriate plants for urban gardens Preparing the soil for an urban garden Crop rotation Watering and fertilising Creating compost for your urban garden Preserving fruits and vegThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.