Add to basket or enquire
Urban Gardening Certificate – CPD Accredited
This Urban Gardening course is designed to give you all the information you need to start a garden in an urban area. Upon completing the course, not only will you be ready to create a garden from scratch, you will know how to keep up and expand your garden year after year.
This course includes everything from choosing a location for your urban garden to collecting seeds from your garden for the following years. We have created this course to ensure that you understand what creating an urban garden entails and how to care for the garden you create.
The course is online and provides you with a convenient way to study the course material when it is most convenient for your schedule. Students who take the course still have time to continue working.
You will have access to the urban garden course material from your computer or any mobile device with internet access. We also offer access to online support 24/7.
When you complete the course, you will obtain a course certificate, which proves that you have successfully completed the Urban Gardening course. You can download the certificate from home, or we can post it to you for a fee.
** When purchasing this course you will be eligible to apply for the XO Student Discount Card!! You can save on brands such as New Look, Disney, ASOS, Hotels, Miss Selfridge , Domino’s and many more.**
What You Will Learn
We created this Urban Gardening course to offer students a full overview of how to create an urban garden. When you complete the course, you will be ready to create an urban garden of your own.
The course covers the following information:
- A history of urban gardening
- Choosing the right location for your urban garden
- Determining how much sun your garden gets
- The tools and supplies you need for your garden
- Understanding plant hardiness
- The difference between annuals and perennials
- Creating a budget for your garden
- Appropriate plants for urban gardens
- Preparing the soil for an urban garden
- Crop rotation
- Watering and fertilising
- Tackling weeds, pests and disease
- How to transplant plants
- Creating compost for your urban garden
- Preserving fruits and veg
- Drying flowers and collecting seeds
Benefits of the Urban Gardening Certificate
When you begin your study of this Urban Gardening course, you will find the following benefits:
- The ability to study wherever you wish at any time. Study from home, from a park, a restaurant or anywhere there is internet access.
- There is no time limit, so you can study at your own pace. You can finish the course in days, weeks or even months.
- Study from any internet-enabled device. This includes mobiles, tablets and computers.
- Easy to understand course that is divided into digestible modules. This makes studying an enjoyable experience.
- Access to support online, which helps you to continue to stay on track as you work through the course.
- Course training that is all-inclusive; worksheets, activities and quizzes help to keep you on track.
- Improve your odds of success when starting an urban garden.
- Earning a recognised certificate upon completion of the course.
- Affordable material.
Module 1: Introduction to Urban Gardens
- A history of urban gardening;
- How to choose the right location for an urban garden;
- How to determine how much sun a location gets;
- The basic tools that you need for urban gardening;
Module 2: Choosing Plants for your Urban Garden
- How to find out what hardiness rating means;
- The USDA and the RHS systems for hardiness;
- The difference between annuals and perennials;
- Creating a budget for your garden;
Module 3: Planting and Maintaining an Urban Garden
- How to properly prepare soil for your garden;
- The different ways to plant;
- The importance of crop rotation;
- Correct watering techniques;
Module 4: Caring for and Getting More Out of an Urban Garden
- How to properly weed a garden;
- How to tackle pests in a garden;
- How to stop disease in a garden;
- Correct transplanting methods;
Module 5: Beyond the Urban Garden
- How to create compost;
- How to preserve fruit and vegetables;
- How to cut and dry flowers;
- Preparing your garden for winter;
Who is this course for?
There is no experience or previous qualifications required for enrolment on this course. It is available to all students, of all academic backgrounds.
This courses is for anyone who has a love of gardening.
Our Course is fully compatible with PC’s, Mac’s, Laptop, Tablet and Smartphone devices. Now more than ever people are using the internet while on the move so our course has been designed to be fully compatible on tablets and smartphones so you can access your course on wifi, 3G or 4G.
There is no time limit for completing this course, it can be studied in your own time at your own pace.
All tests are online and are taken either during or after the course, these are included in the price.
With experience, you could become senior or head gardener.
You could also set up your own business, offering a service to private customers.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.