Add to basket or enquire
This CACHE endorsed short course provides a background to the EYFS, before going on to look at revisions in more detail.
Explore the Statutory Framework and the accompanying guidance documentation. This course has been updated to include information about the most recent changes to the EYFS.
- e-Book: Understanding cognitive development in children - download
- You will learn about the formation of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
- You will learn about the key changes made to the EYFS for 2012, 2014, and 2017; as well as proposed changes in 2020/1
- You will learn about the prime and specific areas of development
- You will learn about the formal assessments required by the EYFS
Advantages of this course
- The Early Years Foundation Stage was introduced in 2008 and sets the standards for learning, development, and care for children from birth to five. It is mandatory for all early years providers: maintained schools; non-maintained schools; independent schools; all providers on the Early Years Register; and all providers registered with and early years childminder agency.
- The course introduces the themes and principles of the Early Years Foundation Stage, and explains how they can be put into practice. Taking the themes of ‘A unique child’, ‘Positive relationships’, ‘Enabling environments’, and ‘Learning and development’, you will be directed to the official resources supporting EYFS and videos which give more information on the principles
- Additional activities encourage you to reflect on your learning
- There is also suggested extended reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge
On successful completion of this course, you will receive a Laser e-Certificate (included in the course price). You will also have the option of purchasing a CACHE Endorsed e-Certificate for an additional £4.99.
Endorsement statement: Our short course has been reviewed by a Subject Specialist and endorsed by CACHE demonstrating the quality and rigor. This is an unregulated programme and is not a nationally recognised qualification.
After purchasing this course on Reed, a customer service representative from Laser Learning will email you with instructions on how to access your course on the Laser Short Course website.
If the purchase was made within business hours, you should expect your email within 1-2 hours. If your purchase was made outside of business hours, you should expect your email the next working day.
Who is this course for?
New early years practitioners, as well as those who are familiar with the original EYFS
A computer, mobile, or tablet and an internet connection
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
It this the course you need to complete to become a childminder?Answer:
Hello Natallia, Thank you for your question. Sorry to take a time to respond. To operate as a childminder you will have to register with your local council. You will find details on their website, or give them a call. They will tell you what you need to do to operate as a childminder in your area. The course will not automatically mean you are qualified to operate but it will certainly help and will make your approval with the local council more likely. I hope this helps. Chris EatonThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Is this assignment based?Answer:
Hello Debbie, Happy New year. Good to hear you are interested in the EYFS course. This is assessed via a multiple choice quiz at the end of the course, not by an assignment. If you don't pass the quiz first time you can review the material and try the quiz again, as many times as you like. When you pass you can download a Laser certificate. Because this is a CACHE endorsed course you can also request a CACHE certificate, but there is an extra charge for this. Good luck. Chris EatonThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Hello Can this course added as a CPD on my Level 5 award Education and Training to show I have a understanding in the EYFS?Answer:
This course gives a good basic training in the EYFS and if you have completed it and passed the quiz should provide some comfort to a tutor or employer that you have a good level of understanding.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Certificate of completion
Digital certificate - Included
NCFE CACHE endorsed e-Certificate
Digital certificate - £4.99