Add to basket or enquire
This short course is suitable for new early years practitioners as well as those who are familiar with the original EYFS. The course provides a brief background to the EYFS before going on to look at the revised EYFS in more detail. Practitioners will be encouraged to explore the Statutory Framework and the accompanying guidance documentation through a combination of guided reading, video clips, practical activities and PowerPoint presentation. Recommendations for further study and reflection are also included. A work placement is not essential for completion of this course.
- Learners will learn about the formations of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
- Learners will learn about the Tickell review of the EYFS
- Learners will learn about the key changes made to the EYFS for 2012 and 2014
- Learners will learn about the prime and specific areas of development
- Learners will learn about the formal assessments required by the EYFS
Advantages of this course:
- The Early Years Foundation Stage was introduced in 2008 and sets the standards for learning, development and care for children from birth to five. It is ‘mandatory for all early years providers: maintained schools; non-maintained schools; independent schools; all providers on the Early Years Register; and all providers registered with and early years childminder agency.’ (EYFS September 2014)
- The course introduces the themes and principles of the Early Years Foundation Stage, and explains how they can be put into practice. Taking the themes of ‘A unique child’, ‘Positive relationships’, ‘Enabling environments’ and ‘Learning and development’, links are offered to the official resources supporting EYFS and videos which give more information on the principles.
- Additional activities encourage the learner to reflect on the learning.
- There is also suggested extra reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge.
Who is this course for?
Our courses are ideal for anybody interested in the subject.
A computer and an internet connection
- Enhance your employment opportunities
- Show you are up-to-date with the requirements of your job
- Contribute to your CV
- Lead to further education
- Demonstrate your commitment and value within your organisation
- Prepare you for promotion
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
It this the course you need to complete to become a childminder?
Hello Natallia, Thank you for your question. Sorry to take a time to respond. To operate as a childminder you will have to register with your local council. You will find details on their website, or give them a call. They will tell you what you need to do to operate as a childminder in your area. The course will not automatically mean you are qualified to operate but it will certainly help and will make your approval with the local council more likely. I hope this helps. Chris EatonThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Is this assignment based?
Hello Debbie, Happy New year. Good to hear you are interested in the EYFS course. This is assessed via a multiple choice quiz at the end of the course, not by an assignment. If you don't pass the quiz first time you can review the material and try the quiz again, as many times as you like. When you pass you can download a Laser certificate. Because this is a CACHE endorsed course you can also request a CACHE certificate, but there is an extra charge for this. Good luck. Chris EatonThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Is thia course is affiliated from an athentic institute.and will i get a athentic cirtificate after that course what are the timming and duration
Hello Afsheen, thanks for your question. The course is endorsed by the national awarding organisation CACHE. You can obtain a CACHE certificate as well as a Laser certificate but CACHE, not us, make a charge for this I'm afraid. This is another £21. The course is totally self study so you can take as long as you like to complete it. When you are happy that you have learnt enough then you do the multiple choice assessment quiz. The learning should take 5 to 6 hours.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Can this course last for a month?
Hello, thank you for your question. The course can last as long you you like. Once you purchase you can complete the learning and do the quiz in your own time.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Ronica K asked:
Hello Can this course added as a CPD on my Level 5 award Education and Training to show I have a understanding in the EYFS?
This course gives a good basic training in the EYFS and if you have completed it and passed the quiz should provide some comfort to a tutor or employer that you have a good level of understanding.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Ronica K asked:
Hello How do I obtain the CACHE certificate, do you have their contact number and email?
Hello, You do not need to contact CACHE directly. You order the CACHE certificate from the Laser system. Once you have done the course go into the section called "My Certificates" and go to the course you have completed. If the course is CACHE endorsed then you will see a box to click to order and pay. The charge is made by CACHE not Laser, we order the certificate and pass the payment on. Hope this is helpful. Thank you for buying a CACHE course.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
hello, is this course a good one to start if i am interested in working in a school as a teaching assistant? thanks
EYFS Statutory Framework. The Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) sets standards for the learning, development and care of children from birth to 5 years old. All schools and Ofsted-registered early years providers must follow the EYFS, including childminders, preschools, nurseries and school reception classes. So the answer is that if you are going to be working with children up to and including 5 this is a great place to start. Please let us know if you have any further questions.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.