Cambridge Open Academy
Add to basket or enquire
From the infamous criminal exploits of Jack the Ripper to the modern-day digital threats that hide in the shadows of our interconnected world, the field of crime analysis has continuously adapted to keep pace. In this course, "Understanding the Criminal Justice System in England and Wales", we delve into the complexities of crime analysis, demystifying the system that strives to maintain law and order.
- Acquire a deep understanding of crime analysis, including different types of crimes, how they are committed, and how to classify them.
- Gain an in-depth knowledge of the Criminal Justice System in England and Wales and understand its role in society.
- Learn the specifics of crime scenes, the importance of crime mapping, and the various techniques used in tactical crime analysis.
- Understand the strategic and administrative aspects of crime analysis and the role of psychology in understanding criminal behaviour.
- Delve into the realm of financial and environmental criminology, understanding how they shape the overall landscape of crime analysis.
- Develop skills in criminal profiling, criminal intelligence analysis, and learn about the role of technology and research methods in advancing crime analysis.
Embark on a journey into the world of crime analysis with this comprehensive course. Starting with an introduction to crime analysis, we will delve into the Criminal Justice System of England and Wales, helping you to understand its structure, functions, and significance. We will classify and understand different types of crime, the importance of crime scenes, and how crime mapping aids in crime analysis.
In the second half of the course, we step into the world of tactical, strategic, and administrative crime analysis, showing how they serve as the pillars of crime analysis. You will be introduced to the fascinating fields of financial and environmental criminology, criminal profiling, and phases of profiling. The course will further enhance your understanding of the role of technology, research methods, and cyber security in crime analysis. By the end, you will have a robust understanding of crime analysis in the context of the English and Welsh Criminal Justice System.
Who is this course for?
- Individuals interested in understanding the nuances of crime analysis within the framework of the Criminal Justice System.
- Law enforcement professionals looking to enhance their knowledge and skills in crime analysis.
- Students studying law, criminology, or related fields, who wish to gain a specialised understanding of crime analysis.
- Professionals in fields such as social work, psychology, or counselling who interact with the Criminal Justice System and would benefit from an understanding of crime analysis.
- Crime Analyst: (£25,000 - £40,000).
- Police Officer: (£20,000 - £40,000).
- Intelligence Analyst: (£30,000 - £50,000).
- Criminal Profiler: (£30,000 - £60,000).
- Criminologist: (£25,000 - £55,000).
- Cyber Security Analyst: (£35,000 - £70,000).
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Certificate of Completion (PDF)
Digital certificate - Included
Certificate of Completion (Hard Copy)
Hard copy certificate - £9.99
Note: Delivery of hardcopy certificate is free within the United Kingdom. However, to obtain a hardcopy certificate, international students have to pay £19.99 for the shipment to their designated address.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.