Add to basket or enquire
Fire Extinguisher Training
Fire safety is an important issue for everyone in the UK. Homes and businesses need to develop fire safety plans to ensure that everyone stays safe. Your plan should talk about preventative measures, evacuation procedures and an evacuation map. These plans should also contain a lot of information on how to safely handle and use a fire extinguisher. Fire extinguishers can be difficult to use, so it is very important that you fully understand how to use one and how to tackle a blaze, to keep you, your property and your loved ones safe.
This course provides you with a comprehensive guide to fire extinguisher use and other ways to stay safe in the midst of an emergency. It begins by discussing the fire triangle and the classes of fire you may face. It then goes into detail about the types of extinguishers on the market and how to use each one safely. We also discuss the importance of servicing, maintenance and inspection of extinguishers on a regular basis. The best procedures to use when faced with a blaze are also discussed.
** When purchasing this course you will be eligible to apply for the XO Student Discount Card!! You can save on brands such as New Look, Disney, ASOS, Hotels, Miss Selfridge , Domino’s and many more.**
You Will Learn:-
- The three elements necessary to create a fire
- Each class of fire and what the common causes of them are
- The types of extinguishers available on the market and which one to use depending on the class of fire you are facing.
- The importance of regular servicing and maintenance of your fire extinguisher
- The steps you should take when tackling a fire
- How to safely use a fire extinguisher
Benefits of Taking This Course:-
- Learning about the formation of fire and which types of fire exist
- Gaining insight into when you should use each type of fire extinguisher, based on the fires you are facing
- Understanding how to use a fire extinguisher safely, properly and effectively
- How to properly alert others to the existence of a fire
- Learning the proper evacuation procedures
- Module 1: The Fire Triangle and the Classes of Fire
- Module 2: Types of Extinguishers
- Module 3: How to Use Fire Extinguishers
- Module 4: Servicing and Inspection of Fire Extinguishers
- Module 5: How to Tackle a Fire
Who is this course for?
There is no experience or previous qualifications required for enrolment on this course. It is available to all students, of all academic backgrounds.
Our Course is fully compatible with PC’s, Mac’s, Laptop, Tablet and Smartphone devices. Now more than ever people are using the internet while on the move so our course has been designed to be fully compatible on tablets and smartphones so you can access your course on wifi, 3G or 4G.
There is no time limit for completing this course, it can be studied in your own time at your own pace.
All tests are online and are taken either during or after the course, these are included in the price.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.