Add to basket or enquire
Gain a better understanding of the UK Employment Law and secure your rights in the workplace. This UK Employment Law course is endorsed by TQUK and accredited by CPD. Enrol now and save a whopping 97%!
UK Employment Law covers all areas of the relationship between employer and employee (minus the negotiation process, which is found under labour law and collective bargaining). This UK Employment Law course includes the latest information on the employment laws of the UK and teaches you how to address employment law issues at work.
The UK Employment Law course starts by explaining the employment laws of the UK, before moving onto the latest information about Employment laws, rights of the employees and the duties of the employers.
You will see how these employment laws affect employees and employers across many sectors. As an employee, you will learn about yours and your co-worker’s rights in the workplace, including health and safety issues, maternal leave, paternal leave, sick leave, wages, benefits and more.
Why Over A Thousand People Loved And Enrolled In The UK Employment Law Course From One Education
- Instantly accessible CPD-accredited certificate on successful completion of this UK Employment Law Course
- 24/7 access to the course for 12 months
- Study at your own pace
- No hidden fees or exam charges
- Full Tutor support on weekdays (Monday – Friday)
- Efficient assessment and instant results
- Comprehensive understanding of all aspects of UK Employment Law
What You Will Learn From The UK Employment Law Course:
- An overview of the key areas of UK employment law and their practical application at the workplace.
- Understand the legal recruitment process to be maintained according to UK Employment Law.
- Learn the legal procedure of forming and terminating contracts of employment.
- Get to know the legal bindings regarding payment standards under the National Minimum Wage Law 2020.
- Get to know what the law says about disciplinary actions, equality at work, data protection, and workplace monitoring.
- The appropriate response to disputes, grievance, parental rights, and any other family-related circumstances.
- Learn about the importance of safety and health measurement practice and how to adopt acceptable standards at the workplace
- Learn how to anticipate and respond to changes in contracts and legislations.
This UK Employment Law course is our best yet and is suitable for anyone interested in working in this sector or who simply wants to learn more about the topic.
Start learning about UK Employment Law today and secure your rights in your workplace.
We’ve taken this UK Employment Law comprehensive course and broken it down into several manageable and easy to understand modules which will assist you to easily grasp each concept – from the fundamental to the most advanced aspects of the UK Employment Law.
This UK Employment Law course is endorsed by TQUK, an established Ofqual-regulated Awarding Organisation which assures your qualification is professional and recognised. This course is also accredited by CPD and 10 CPD points available without any further studies.
Course Curriculum Of The UK Employment Law Course
This UK Employment Law course is designed with the following modules:
Module 01: Basics of Employment Law
- What is Employment Law
- Purpose the Law Serves
- Individuals the Law Covers
- The entity the Law Covers
Module 02: Legal Recruitment Process
- Recruitment & the Equality Act 2010
- Ways to Avoid Unlawful Discrimination in Recruitment
- Employers' Legal Duties
- Employees' Duties
- The Main Legal Issues
- Advertising for a Job
- Application Form
- Adjustments for Candidates with Disabilities
- Automated Decision-making
- Making an Offer of Employment
- Carrying out Checks on Potential Employees
- Restrictions on the Employment of Children and Young Persons
- Employers' Guide to Criminal Record Checks
Module 03: Employment Contracts
- Written Statement
- 2020’s Law Regarding Employment Contracts
- Type of Contracts
- Contents of Lawful Employment Contracts
- The Risk of Not Giving a Written Employment Contract on Day-one
Module 04: Employee Handbook
- Staff Handbooks
- A Written Statement by the Law
- Mandatory Information in a Statement
- Content of a Lawful Employee Handbook
- Related Written Policies Supporting Statutory Rights
Module 05: Disciplinary Procedure
- A Fair Disciplinary Procedure
- A Fair Investigation
- A Fair Disciplinary hearing
- A Fair Penalty
- Right of Appeal
- ACAS guidelines
Module 06: National Minimum Wage & National Living Wage
- The National Minimum Wage 2020
- Calculating the National Minimum Wage
- Pay Reference Period (PRP)
- On-call or standby time
- Keeping Record of the Working Hour
Module 07: Parental Right, Sick Pay & Pension Scheme
- Pregnant Employees' Rights
- Statutory Maternity Leave
- Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP)
- Statutory paternity Leave
- Statutory Paternity Pay (SMP)
- Statutory Adoption Pay and Leave
- Statutory Parental Bereavement Pay and Leave
- Statutory Sick Pay (SSP)
- Workplace Pension Scheme
Module 08: Discrimination in the Workplace
- Discrimination & Equality Act 2010
- Medical Condition Regarding Disability
- Disability Discrimination
- Failure to Make Reasonable Adjustments
- Areas of Reasonable Adjustments
- Sex Discrimination
- Sexual Orientation Discrimination
- Race Discrimination
Module 09: Health & Safety at Work
- The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Role of Health & Safety Representative
- Smoking Law at Work
- Suspensions from Work for Medical Reasons
- Workplace Temperatures
Module 10:Dismissal, Grievances and Employment Tribunals
- Necessary Paperwork to Face Employment Tribunal Claim
- Types of Dismissal
- Grievance Procedure
- Employment Tribunal hearings
Module 11: Workplace Monitoring & Data Protection
- Data Protection principles
- Rights Under the Data Protection Act 2018
- Personal Data an Employer Can Keep about an Employee
- What an Employer Should Inform an Employee
Total Endorsed Certification Time
The demonstrated time is the estimated time that is expected to be taken by a learner to pursue all the learning outcomes of the course. The Total Qualification Time is comprised of the time a learner will take to cover all the course materials along with the quizzes and assignment completion.
Total Endorsed Certification time for this course is 280 hours.
Guided Learning Hours
These hours are made up of all real-time contact time and guidance of a learner by One Education. This is a self-paced online course. You will get 12 months access to our learning portal, so it can be studied in your own time at your own pace.
GLH for this Endorsed Certification is 6 hours.
Method of Assessment Of The UK Employment Law Course
To assess your learning, you have to participate in an automated multiple-choice question exam. You have to score at least 60% to pass the exam and to qualify for TQUK endorsed and CPD accredited certificates. After passing the exam, you will be able to apply for a certificate.
In addition, to enhance the depth of your knowledge regarding the course and further assess your learning, you are advised to complete the assignment questions provided at the end of the course, which you can complete anytime you wish. After submitting the assignment, our expert tutor will assess your assignment and will give you feedback on your performance.
CPD Certification from One Education
After successfully completing the MCQ assessment, you will qualify for the CPD Certificate from One Education, as proof of your continued professional development. Certification is available in PDF format, at the cost of £9, or a hard copy can be sent to you via post, at the cost of £15.
Endorsed Certification from TQUK
Upon successful completion of the MCQ assessment, learners can order their TQUK Endorsed Certification by paying an accreditation fee of £59. International students will be required to pay an additional £10 postal charge.
Who is this course for?
This UK Employment Law Course is ideal for
- Anyone who wants to understand their rights better and requires legal direction in different aspects of managing the business.
- HR, Managers, or Supervisors, who have the basic knowledge but require credentials and more knowledge on UK Employment Law
- People who are considering a career in workers’ welfare or as trade union representatives.
- Anyone interested in learning about UK Employment Law
The CPD accredited certification you will receive upon completion will help to boost up your resume and will help you stand out among your peers in the competitive job market.
Whether you are newly appointed in the role or already hold a senior position in the workplace, you can add real value to your organisation with the skills and knowledge you acquire from the UK employment law course.
There are no specific prerequisites to enrol in this UK Employment Law course, anyone interested in laws and legislations of the UK regarding employment can take it to improve their knowledge and skills.
The UK Employment Law course is fully accessible from any internet-enabled smart device. So, you can study from the comfort of your home!
Studying this UK Employment Law course would benefit a range of careers, but would specifically boost employability in roles including:
- Human Resource
- HR Advisor
- HR Assistant
- Recruitment Agency
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Duncan McPhail asked:
I am a 64 year old interested in workers rights
Hi Duncan, Thanks for the question. The UK Employment Law course is well designed and decorated with all the relevant topics including the worker rights. We believe this course will help you to gain more knowledge on the topic you're interested in. Thanks.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Law Student asked:
This course says it is self-paced. Is there a rough amount of hours that will be required to complete the course?
Hi there, Thanks for reaching out. The total course duration is 13 hours. However, this is a self-paced course and you will have a one-year access to the course. You can complete the course anytime within a year. Thanks Help Desk.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Kai Preston asked:
How the course materials get delivered?
Hi Kail, Thanks for getting in touch. The course doesn't include any hard materials, as it's an online course. Once you purchase the course, you will get assigned to it and all the course materials get unlocked to you. Thanks.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.