Add to basket or enquire
This course includes lifetime access so you can complete it at your own speed.
If you want to learn Ubuntu Linux, you can use this course to give you motivation and practical tips for using Ubuntu Linux! By taking this course today, you will have a clear understanding of how to work with Ubuntu Linux. You can take this course and enjoy it with no experience on Linux or previous experience on another operating system that you want to expand with knowing Ubuntu. By taking this course today, you will have a clear understanding of how to work with Ubuntu Linux.
Benefits of taking this course include:
- Unlimited and lifetime access to the course
- Learn the course at your own pace
- Course can be accessed on any platform
- 24/7 Customer support
If you want to learn Ubuntu Linux, you can use this course to give you motivation and practical tips for using Ubuntu Linux! You can take this course and enjoy it with no experience on Linux or previous experience on another operating system that you want to expand with knowing Ubuntu.
With 10 years of experience as a Linux administrator & developer, you can count on Nick to explain what is worth knowing in a simple and practical way that is easy to understand. When you watch Nick show you commands, you will feel comfortable trying them and confident you can become a power user in Ubuntu Linux.
This Ubuntu Linux for Beginners course will cover the following topics:
Topic 1 - Getting Started With Ubuntu Linux
Topic 2 - Installing Ubuntu In A Virtual Machine
- Installing VirtualBox And Setting Up Your Virtual Machine
- Installing Ubuntu Linux On Your Virtual Machine
- Disabling The ISO & First Boot Up
Topic 3 - Optimizing Ubuntu For A Better User Experience & Customizing Your Desktop
- Installing Guest Additions For A Better User Experience
- Customizing Our Ubuntu Desktop
- Installing The Unity Tweak Tool For Ubuntu
Topic 4 - Installing Ubuntu Linux Alongside Your Primary Operating System
Topic 5 - Getting Started With The Linux Command Line
- Getting Started With The Linux Command Line
- Administrative Privileges In The Linux Terminal
- Using The Package Manager To Install New Applications
- Searching Through The Repository To Find New Applications To Download
- What If We Want To Install A Package That Is Not In The Repository? No Problem!
- Keeping Programs Updated In Ubuntu Linux
- File Permissions And Ownership Explained
- How To Create A New File In The Terminal And Recap
- Creating New Directories And Moving Files
- Copying, Renaming And Removing Files
Topic 6 - Moving On To More Advanced Commands In The Terminal
- Getting Started With The FIND Command And It’s Practical Uses
- Introduction To The GREP Command
- Using GREP In Conjunction With The FIND Command
- How To Redirect The Output Of A Command
- Using The TOP Command To View Applications On Your Linux Machine In Real-time
- How To View The Entire List Of Processes And Closing Applications
- What Is A Service?
- Configuring Services Using The Command Line
- Using CRONTABS To Schedule Tasks
- What Are The Practical Applications Of CRONTABS?
- Using The Man Command To Learn Info About The Programs On Your Linux Machine
Topic 7 - Ubuntu Linux Developer Tools: Get Started As A Freelancer Today!
- Eclipse Installation And Set-up
- PyCharm Installation And Set-up
- PyCharm Installation Problem Resolved
- Introduction To GitHub, Installation, And How To Set-up A Repository
- How To Pull/Push Information From Our Repository
- How To Remove/Ignore Directories In Our Repository
- How To Resolve Merge Conflicts From The Command Line
- How To Set-up And Manage Branches
- Correction From The Previous Lecture
- Getting Started With Meteor – Installation And How To Add Packages
- Meteor Tutorial Pt. 1: Setting Up Your First Project
- Meteor Tutorial Pt. 2: Setting Up Our Router And React Components
- Meteor Tutorial Pt. 3: Watch As Our Project Begins To Take Shape!
- Meteor Tutorial Pt. 4: Working On The Actual Programming
- Meteor Tutorial Pt. 5: Rendering Our Posts
- Meteor Tutorial Pt. 6: Putting The Finishing Touches On Our Project
- Apache 2, PHP 5 And MySQL Installation
- Getting Started With Our Server Configuration
Topic 8 - Hosting Our Own Web Server & Deploying Our Meteor App
- What Is The Hosts File On A Linux System?
- Deploying Our Meteor App To An Apache 2 Server
- Setting Up Our MongoDB NoSQL Database
- Creating Our Virtual Host
- Using A Shell Script To Set Our Environment Variables
- Installing & Configuring PhpMyAdmin
- Let’s Take A Tour Around The PhpMyAdmin Panel
- Creating A Basic Virtual Host
- Setting Up A WordPress Installation On Top Of Our Apache 2 Environment
- Before We Begin Using WordPress, We Need To Set-up Our Database
- Python Installation & Command Line Interface
- What Are The Practical Applications Of Python?
Topic 9 - Managing Users, Permissions, And Groups
- Adding/Removing Users Through The System Settings Graphical User Interface (GUI)
- Adding New Users Through Terminal
- How To Delete Users Through Terminal
- How To Change An Existing Users Password
- Adding Users To A Group And Why This Is Valuable
Topic 10 - Linux Network Administration Tools
- Introduction To Networking
- How Does The Internet Work?
- What Is A Local Network?
- Practical Networking Commands
- Using The Netstat Command To Tack Detailed Network Statistics
- An In-depth Look At The Linux Hosts File
- Using Traceroute To Track The Servers A Request Passes Through
- Using Network Mapper To Track The Activity On Your Network
Topic 11 - Setting Up A SSH Host On Our Local And Course Wrap-Up
- Using Ssh To Access The Command Line Of A Remote Host
- Let’s Use Sftp To Transfer Files To And From Machines
- Setting Up An Ssh Host On Our Local Machine
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for anyone who is interested in learning how to work with Ubuntu Linux.
No prior knowledge is required to take this course.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Certificate of completion is included in course price