Future London Academy
Add to basket or enquire
A practical course for business leaders, innovation professionals and business owners that shows how you can work with trends and futures in a strategic way. Learn how you can stay well ahead of your competition and win in your business category using trends and foresight.
The future is difficult to predict. But we can get better at dealing with this uncertainty and be prepared for different realities. Learn the tools and frameworks that will help you better understand the future, gather specific insights relevant to your business category and use them to grow and innovate.
GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR FUTURE
REAL INDUSTRY INSIGHTS
Understand how to use trends and forecasting in your business. Learn from fresh case studies and real examples.
PRACTICAL TOOLS & TEMPLATES
We carefully curated all content to make it inspiring and applicable. The course includes tools and downloadable templates for you to keep.
ONLY THE BEST CONTENT
Forget boring academic courses and dusty theoretical lectures. We selected the most current and applicable content for busy professionals who want to apply their learning to grow and innovate in their business.
YOU WILL LEARN
- How to spot trends early and ride them, not being at the mercy of your category and playing catch-up
- How to play out different future possibilities and assess them against strategy, avoiding ‘oh $hit’ moments
- How to know where to invest and what is just a ‘hype’
- How to deal better with uncertainty and safely explore future possibilities
- Learning and being prepared for different realities
CHAPTER 1 - TRENDS
How do you spot trends and separate them from an immediate hype?
Learn the tools that will help you research, uncover and analyse trends collaboratively or on your own.
- What are trends and how to distinguish them from fads
- Consumer, contextual and Industry trends – how they can help your business
- How to research your own trends plus free resources with current trends
- How to build your own trends framework that you can use for innovation, brand or strategy
CHAPTER 2 - FORESIGHT
What do we need to know if we want to make the most of the future?
Understand how you can use trends to start thinking about the future strategically.
- Foundational frameworks to think about the future and explore it with others
- Scoping foresight project – timeframes, outputs and key questions
- Know which pitfalls to avoid
CHAPTER 3 - FUTURE-INFORMED BRANDS
How can you use trends to future-proof your brand?
With the industry changing so fast brands need to adapt quickly to keep their audience engaged. How do you understand your future consumers, category and culture to communicate better with your customers?
- How to scope and prepare for a future-focused brand strategy
- Understanding competitive landscape and gap analysis
- Using Trends Framework for Brand Identity, DNA and Positioning.
- Working with early adopter's mindsets and future target consumers
CHAPTER 4 - FUTURE-INFORMED INNOVATION
Get ready – create new products and services that are informed by future insights
Understand the tools that help guide your product strategy and create breakthrough innovation
- Insight-driven Innovation vs foresight-driven innovation
- Horizon scanning – how to plan for the short, mid and long-term
- Develop and validate innovation concepts and prototypes with potential future consumers
CHAPTER 5 - FUTURE-INFORMED STRATEGY
Make your business ready for what the future holds
The working world is changing in front of our eyes. What is the future of work and how can your company prepare for this? Practice the tools that help imagine possible future scenarios and how the business can prepare for them
- How you can use future scenarios tool to think about your business strategy
- Inductive and deductive method for building scenarios
- How to spot signals and understand implications
Sébastien Van Laere
Founder of Superframe
After more than a decade of using insight and foresight to develop brand-, innovation- and business strategy for some of the biggest global brands, he started Superframe to help companies be more resilient. He has worked globally with senior business leaders across sectors including consumer technology, fashion, luxury, retail, place-making and media. In his works, he uses trends and insights from experts and early adopters to paint a picture of possible futures. Through this foresight, he opens up people’s mind to new possibilities and how to capture these. Sébastien believes that by strongly connecting the future and the present, businesses create a long-term view that improves the short-term performance.
Who is this course for?
- Business Owners and Leadership Teams
- CEOs, CIOs and Heads of Innovation
- Strategists and Innovation Managers
- Designers and Researchers
- Futurists and Trendsetters
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.