Have you ever consider starting your own travel agency when retail or online? Do you have a great idea, but not sure how to go about it? Would you like to open your own travel agency, but your not sure of the planning and preparations to make your idea turn to a viable success? We will guide and support you through this process. The package we offer our candidates is a great starting point to the skills and knowledge required to start and even the licensing requirements. Within six months you would be on your way forward of owning your own agency. This course is for those who are really passionate about owning a travel business. If you already have a client based or is hoping to attract a new market we will adopt an approach that complements your business idea.
The Course Includes...
The business start up course entails all the skills required for a successful business
Airfares and Ticketing Level 1...
You will gain the following competences and knowledge of:
- Identify parts of a passenger’s journey
- Identify cities and counties related to IATA areas & sub-areas
- Identify global indicators for passenger routings
- Select quotation of specific passenger routes and select the best fares
- Construct convent and round the worldwide currencies using rates of exchange
- Construct and price one way, return and circle trip routes using normal fares
- Interpret data entries on electronic tickets
- Identify applicable taxes, fees and charges for specific passenger journeys
- Calculate child and infant fares
Airline Computerised Reservations System - Galileo...
A real-time booking system to confirm flights, hotels, car hire and visa and passport information for your customers. Using the simulated training system includes:The course includes...
- An agent sign on and sign off login
- 40 hours allocated time to complete your course within 6 months 6 months access to access your account and practice outside of your course
- 24 Lessons and 5 Drills (Quizzes)
- Student Workbook to enhance, reinforce and practice your training
- Final assessment on the entire course
- An official industry worldwide recognised Certificate of Global Distribution System Training from Viasinc.
Assessments & Practice...
- There are Quizzes at the end of each assessment learnt. This computerised reservation training course - Galileo includes a personal log in to sign on and sign off the Galileo emulator reservation system to gain access and start training.
Licensing Application ...
Protecting your customers is essential for you and your customers whether they have booked a flight or holiday having that peace of mind to know they have booked with an agency that they can trust. Therefore, support is required for licensing applications. We will discuss your options pertaining to your business idea and find a suitable licensing for you and your customers.
Preparing a Marketing Strategy & Business planning..
Marketing is a key element to any business, this is why it is important to ensure the you know the marketplace, your competitors, your customers and knowledge of the travel product you are offering. Your business plan and marketing strategy will cover all of these aspects and will help you plan for today and in the future by one of our expect tutors, who has had the pleasure of running her own agency.
Your course is divided into a *26-week programme and is schedule to meet the needs of running a travel agency an examples as follows:
- 8 weeks - Airfares and Ticketing Course
- Week 10 - Introduction to Airline Computerised Reservation System
- Week 12 - Simulated online training Galileo Airline Computerised Reservation System
- Week 22 - Marketing strategy and business planning
- Week 26 - Licensing application
* Please note: this is an ideal schedule to illustrate how you would be able to proceed to open your own travel agency within six months. However, this is a guideline and the course can work around your own commitments with you and your tutor you are able to design your own schedule to suit your needs.
After successfully completing your course, you will receive six months continuous guidance and support to discuss progress on your business plans.
Course fees include Materials, Examination, Certification and Tutor Support. You will receive certificates for the following professional worldwide recognised qualifications - Galileo, Airfares and Ticketing.
*Optional - There is an option to continue studying for Level 3 Airfares & Ticketing & Business Travel courses, please enquiry for further details. This is only useful if you are going to also consider business travel customers.
*Course fees include Materials, Professional Examination and Certification.
Who is this course for?
This course is for those who are really passionate about owning a travel business and is ready to put the idea into practice.
No formal requirements, just dedication.
Running your own online or retail travel agency.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.