Exodus Training and Recruitment
Add to basket or enquire
Welcome to our 'One Stop Course' - CERTIFICATE IN TRAVEL & AIRLINE STUDIES PROFESSIONAL
This course give you the opportunity to develop the understanding and knowledge of the airline industry in its professional capacity. It is intended for candidates who are keen to work as a passenger service agent, airline ticket desk, airline reservations and particularly any role within the airline industry. It is designed to provide competence airline information, airfares and ticketing and airline reservations system with the choice of Amadeus or Galileo used in the industry. This course provide a comprehensive introduction to practical skills required in booking flights and quoting fares to various passenger scenarios including extra services such as hotels and car hire. This course will provide you with the awareness to become a professional for many careers in the industry.
At Exodus Travel Careers & Training we treat each student as an individual by ensuring that all receive the assistance required while on the course. We will keep in contact with you on a regular basis to find out how you are getting on with the course even if you do not contact us. We also assist in finding employment with your career interest and provide you expert knowledge of what major organisations are look for in your chosen career path. Your time with us will be tailored to your needs to ensure you gain the best possible success on your course and seeking your career.
1. The Travel Agency Operations entails underpinning skills to understand how the industry works. You will gain the following competences and knowledge of holiday destinations and travel industry skills needed to work for major luxury operators. This course is designed for candidates to achieve the right skill-set to succeed in this career and have a long term future within various travel sectors. We first start with the minimum requirements to empower candidates to apply for careers with established organisations.
- Travel geography
- Introduction to Airfares and Ticketing
- Knowledge of Global Distribution Systems
- Travel Operations
The course includes: Course materials, Columbus World Travel Atlas, continued support, constructive feedback to succeed in the final exam and certification.
2. The Airfares & Ticketing Level 1 entails all the skills required for an exciting career with air travel. This course is endorsed by Thai Airways. You will gain the following competences and knowledge of:
- Identify parts of a passenger’s journey
- Identify cities and counties related to IATA areas & sub-areas
- Identify global indicators for passenger routings
- Select quotation of specific passenger routes and select the best fares
- Construct convent and round the worldwide currencies using rates of exchange
- Construct and price one way, return and circle trip routes using normal fares
- Interpret data entries on electronic tickets
- Identify applicable taxes, fees and charges for specific passenger journeys
- Calculate child and infant fares
The course includes: All course materials, Columbus World Travel Atlas, mock papers with constructive feedback to succeed in the final exam.
3. The Airline Computerised Reservations Systems(Simulated) is a worldwide recognised qualification and training required by many travel, airline and airport industry leading employers gives candidates to gain competence in:
Assessments & Practice
- There are Quizzes at the end of each assessment learnt. This computerised reservation training course - includes a personal log in to sign on and sign off the Galileo emulator reservation system to gain access and start training.
The course includes:
- An agent sign on and sign off login
- 40 hours allocated time to complete your course within 6 months access to your account and practice outside of your course
- 24 Lessons and 5 Drills (Quizzes)
- Student Workbook to enhance, reinforce and practice your training
- Final assessment on the entire course
- An official industry worldwide recognised Certificate of Global Distribution System Training from Viasinc.
- Support & guidance throughout your course
Your course is divided into a *24-week programme and is schedule to meet the needs of running a travel agency an examples as follows:
- 4/6 Weeks - Travel Agency Operations
- 6/8 Weeks - Airfares & Ticketing Level 1
- 6/8 Weeks - Computerised Reservations System - either Galileo or Amadeus from Viasinic
* Please note: this is an ideal schedule to illustrate how you wold be able to proceed to open your own travel agency within six months. However, this is a guideline and the course can work around your own commitments with you and your tutor you are able to design your own schedule to suit your needs.
You will received 3 certificates:
- Travel Agency Operations
- Airline Airfares & Ticketing Level 1
- Computerised Reservations System - either Galileo or Amadeus from Viasinic
What a great way of gaining the right qualifications to start your career and gain a wealth of knowledge, industry terminology and skills ready for an airline career path. You will also receive notification of units studied, which is useful for employers to identified what was actually covered on the course, skills and competences.
Our 'One Stop Courses'- Heading you in the right direction for a sustainable career.
Who is this course for?
Anybody wishing to enter a career field in air travel or the travel industry. This course will give candidates the key competence and skill-set the industry is looking for.
There are no requirements for this course.
The TRAVEL & AIRLINE STUDIES PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATE Course can provide candidates with a wealth of career options in the following areas:
- Airline ticketing agent
- Airline call centre
- Airline reservation agent
- Airport ticketing desk agent
- Call centre retail travel agent
- Work for a luxury travel agent
- Work for a luxury tour operator
- Business or Corporate travel
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course.Be the first to ask a question.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.