Add to basket or enquire
This course is approved by TQUK and has been designed for those who want to work in a management position within the health & social care sector
This course is approved by TQUK and has been designed for those who want to work in a management position within the health & social care sector, specialising in residential and nursing home care for adults. The purpose of the TQUK Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services (England) is to develop the knowledge and skills required by managers and leaders. Achieving the qualification should enable learners to innovate and respond to a changing environment and to meet challenges and opportunities within the sector.
CQC requires a Registered Manager to meet the following criteria:
- Is of good character.
- Is able to properly perform tasks that are intrinsic to their role.
- Has the necessary qualifications, competence, skills and experience to manage the regulated activity.
- Has supplied them with documents that confirm their suitability.
How can you demonstrate you have the necessary qualifications, competence, skills and expertise. You have various options, which could be through your level of experience as a Leader and Manager in care which should be demonstrated through your CV, CPD and references and the relevant certificates you hold.
This new level 5 course has been re-designed in line with skills for care and CQC requirements to empower Registered Managers with the necessary knowledge to run an effective, safe, responsive, caring and well-led service.
If you are looking to be a Registered Manager in care or would like to start your own domiciliary care agency, it is important that you undertake this qualification if you do not already hold one, to maximise your chances and stand out. If you are working as a Registered Care Manager within the care sector specialising in domiciliary care for adults, it is not too late, you can still obtain this qualification. You will need to achieve a minimum of 90 credits to obtain this qualification.
- The course is delivered online through our cutting edge online portal
- Our professionally written course guideline and assessment plans guide you step by step
- You will have dedicated Assessor who will provide support and assess your work
- You will be assessed through a series of questions to assess your knowledge
- You will need to be observed in the workplace by a qualified Manager who has a Level 5 already
Who is this course for?
Anyone who is interested in Managing and Leading a service within health and social care or start their own care agency or care business regulated by CQC.
- No formal requirements
- Be 19 years old and above
- Be working in a job role appropriate for this pathway
- IT literate (Internet, Microsoft office)
- Able to understand and interpret course materials
- Self-motivated and willing to complete and achieve
- Have access to a qualified Manager who can carry out observation in the workplace
CQC Approved Registered Manager in Adult Care Services
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
If you have. A BTEC level 5 hnd diploma in health and Social care do you still have to undertake this course for the role of registered manager
Yes as the BTEC is just like an introductory course to this one. This is the full qualification required by CQC for Registered ManagersThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Why do you claim that you must have this qualification to be a registered manager when this is untrue?
CQC requires Registered Manager to be competent, which is through experience both in management and care or through the qualification. I am a CQC registered Manager and as part of my interview I had to demonstrate my knowledge and competence and this qualification was evidence they required from me. I deliver apprenticeship and one of my learners has been placed on this course by her work place because she’s applying to be a CQC registered Manager. This qualification testified to knowledge.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Hi Will this course enable me to become a cqc registered manager for a children's home?
This is the level 5 course all registered managers are required to have as per CQC requirements. It covers every area of health and social care and focuses on leadership and management.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.