Kingston Open College
TQUK Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce (RQF) is an Ofqual regulated qualification and accredited by TQUK, one of the top UK awarding bodies.
The TQUK Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce (RQF) is appropriate for learners who currently work or want to work for the development of children. The qualification prepares learners for employment in any relevant work environment, enabling them to work with children and young people from birth to 19 years of age. The certification incorporates practical and theoretical knowledge that can be utilised immediately in the workplace. All of the lessons have been created in such a way that anybody with no prior knowledge may simply follow along.
Benefits of studying TQUK Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce (RQF) with KOC:
- Comprehensive study materials and study links are available at no additional cost
- Gain an Ofqual Regulated Certificate accepted by employers worldwide
- Study 100% online at your own pace, whenever and wherever you like
- Teaching Support from a dedicated tutor throughout your course
- Job placement assistance
- Progression opportunity to UK’s top Universities
- Assignments will be accessed via an online learning portal when they are to be completed and returned to the course tutor for assessment
- You will receive timely feedback in order to improve your work
- Dedicated customer support for any technical help
- Engage in personal development in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings.
- Understand the principles for implementing duty of care, promoting equality and inclusion.
- Develop a positive relationship with children, young people and others involved in their care.
- Gain a better knowledge of working together for the overall benefit.
- Become experienced in safeguarding the wellbeing of children and young people.
- Perceive the value of understanding how to support positive outcomes for children and young people.
The course consists of eleven required modules. These are the following:
- Unit 1: Engage in personal development in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Unit 2: Promote communication in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Unit 3: Principles for implementing duty of care in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Unit 4: Promote equality and inclusion in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Unit 5: Support Children and Young People’s Health and Safety
- Unit 6: Develop Positive Relationship with Children, Young People and Others Involved in Their Care
- Unit 7: Working Together for the Benefit of Children and Young People
- Unit 8: Understand Child and Young Person Development.
- Unit 9: Understand How to Support Positive Outcomes for Children and Young People
- Unit 10: Promote Child and Young Person Development
- Unit 11: Understand How to Safeguard the Wellbeing of Children and Young People
- Unit 12: Professional Practice in Early Years Settings
- Unit 13: Context and principles for early years provision.
- Unit 14: Promote Learning and Development in the Early Years
- Unit 15: Support Children’s Speech, Language and Communication
- Unit 16: Promote Children's Welfare and Wellbeing in the Early Years
Total Qualification Time
You will spend time as a learner studying, learning, preparing, being assessed, and participating in any other relevant activities. The Total Qualification Time (TQT) estimates how long it will take you to complete this course, where 10 hours of learning equals one credit.
TQT is for the TQUK Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce (RQF) course is 650 hours.
The Total Credit value is 65.
Guided Learning Hours (GLH)
A trainer, tutor, facilitator, or education provider will work with you as a learner to fulfil the learning outcomes of the units to the required standard in an estimated average period of time.
Total Guided Learning Hours in this course are 442.
- The assessment tasks are made up of a few short assignments that you must complete in order to demonstrate general reading while referencing your work.
- The web portal should be used to submit all assignments.
- To pass, all learning objectives must be satisfied; there is no grading.
To ensure success, obtain this exceptional TQUK Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce (RQF) certification!
Successfully qualified learners will have the option to pursue higher qualifications or apprenticeships, such as:
- TQUK Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Adult Care (RQF)
- Foundation Degree in a relevant subject
Who is this course for?
This TQUK Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce (RQF)applies to the following:
- Those who want to work in a field that is connected to their field of study.
- Beginners who want to learn in-demand occupational skills in this sector.
- Those who want their abilities to be recognised formally.
- Individuals who choose to learn at their leisure from the comfort of their own homes.
There are no prerequisites for enrollment. However, learners
- Should be at least 16 years old or above.
- A minimum level 2 of literacy and numeracy or equivalent.
This TQUK Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce (RQF) course will enable you to utilise your gained expertise in a broad range of promising career opportunities, such as:
- Social Worker
- Healthcare Worker
- Registered Managers of Children’s homes
- Family Centre Worker
- Community Care Officer
- Youth Worker
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
How many hours of placement are needed, can this be done over longer than 12 months and what sort of settings can the placement be done in. TyAnswer:
Dear Sarah, thanks for your interest in this qualification. Following are the answers to your queries. 1. Learners must be working, volunteering or on a placement in a suitable workplace as the qualification requires the assessment of knowledge and competence. 2. Usually learners' get 12 months of access. However, this can be considered upon request from learners. 3. In care settings where learners can work with children and young people.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Are placement hours required for this course and how is the course assessed pleaseAnswer:
Dear Sarah! Thank you for your interest in the TQUK Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce (RQF) qualification. Learners must be working, volunteering or on a placement in a suitable workplace as the qualification requires the assessment of knowledge and competence. An assessor will assess the learner in his/her workplace and there are also written assessments for some of the units. Thanks.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Do you offer the TQUK Diploma Level 3 in Healthcare Support via distance learning online only? Please email me asap. ThankyouAnswer:
Dear Ann, Hope you are doing well. At this moment, we aren't providing the Qualification that you mentioned. Thank you.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.