Add to basket or enquire
This qualification prepares learners to set up a home based childcare setting. It is also suitable for learners who wish to be employed in home based childcare settings as childminding assistants or other home childcarers (e.g. nannies, au pairs). All tutorial sessions will be deliver online and learners are expected to email their assignments to their Assessor.
This qualification is accredited through TQUK.
Learners must achieve all mandatory units plus 1 optional unit.
The mandatory units are:
- Roles and responsibilities of those caring for children in a home environment
- Children’s development, well-being and behaviour
- Plan to care for a child in a home environment
The optional units are:
- Provide a childcare service in own home
- Role of the nanny in home based childcare
This qualification will be internally assessed using written task, professional discussion and / oral question and answer. Evidence must be mapped to meet the relevant unit, learning outcome and assessment criteria. Learners must achieve all mandatory units plus 1 optional unit. All learning outcomes must be met to achieve a pass - there is no grading.
This is a knowledge-only qualification; therefore, no placement in a real work environment in required.
The course duration is up to 6 months. However, learners are able to complete the course at a shorter time.
Successful learners can progress to other qualifications such as:
- Level 3 Award in Child Learning Development
- Level 3 Award in Playwork for Early Years and Childcare
- Level 3 Diploma in Children’s Workforce (Early Years Educator)
Who is this course for?
The qualification is suitable for learners wishing to work as:
- childminding assistants
- au pairs
- other childcarers in home based settings.
The qualification is suitable for learners of 16 years of age and above. There is no specific entry requirement, however learners should have a minimum of Level two in literacy and numeracy or equivalent.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.