TQUK Level 2 Certificate in Mental Health Awareness
Pay in full or over 5 or 10 monthly instalments.
- Tutor is available to students
Students who study for this TQUK Level 2 Certificate in Mental Health Awareness course will learn about a wide range of different mental illnesses. Having a good knowledge of each mental illness will help you to develop plans of combating these with people that you work with in a mental health support role.
About this Course
By studying the TQUK Level 2 Certificate in Mental Health Awareness, students will have a much better understanding of how to work with people that have a range of psychological difficulties. The course is ideal for people who are looking to increase their understanding of a variety of mental health issues such as depression, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder and eating disorders.
This TQUK Level 2 Certificate in Mental Health Awareness course assesses the following units:
Unit 1: Understanding Stress
- Understand the term ‘stress’
- Understand possible causes of stress
- Understand what stress feels like and how it can affect an individual
- Understand that demands of daily life can contribute to feelings of stress
- Understand how stress may be managed and know some of the resources available to support the individual experiencing stress
Unit 2: Understanding Anxiety
- Understand the term terms anxiety and panic attack
- Understand possible causes of anxiety
- Understand how anxiety can affect the individual and others
- Understand how different ways of thinking and behaving can affect anxiety
- Understand how anxiety may be managed
Unit 3: Understanding Bipolar Disorder
- Understand the term ‘bipolar disorder’
- Understand the causes of bipolar disorder
- Understand how bipolar disorder can affect the individual and others
- Understand how the demands of daily life can influence the presentation of symptoms of bipolar disorder
- Understand how to recognise the symptoms of bipolar disorder
- Understand how bipolar disorder may be managed
Unit 4: Understanding Dementia
- Understand the term ‘dementia’
- Understand the causes of dementia
- Understand how dementia can affect the individual and others
- Understand how dementia may be managed
- Understand factors which may adversely affect a person with dementia
Unit 5: Understanding Depression
- Understand the term ‘depression’
- Understand possible causes of depression
- Understand how depression affects the individual and others
- Understand how the demands of daily life can affect depression
- Understand how depression can be managed
Unit 6: Understanding Eating Disorders
- Understand the term ‘eating disorder’
- Understand the causes of eating disorders
- Understand how an eating disorder may affect the individual and others
- Understand how a specific eating disorder amy be managed
Unit 7: Understanding Mental Health
- Know what is meant by mental health and mental ill-health
- Understand how mental health care has changed over time
- Understand the social context of mental illness
- Understand the legal contact of mental illness
Unit 8: Understanding Phobias
- Understand the term ‘phobias’
- Understand possible causes of phobias
- Understand how a phobia can affect the individual and others
- Understand how phobias may be managed
Unit 9: Understanding Post-Natal Depression
- Understand the term ‘postnatal depression’
- Understand the causes of postnatal depression
- Understand puerperal psychosis
- Understand how postnatal depression can affect the mother and other
- Understand how preparation for the birth can help reduce the risk of postnatal depression
- Understand how postnatal depression may be managed
- Understand how puerperal psychosis may be managed
Unit 10: Understanding Schizophrenia
- Understand the term ‘schizophrenia’
- Understand how the media representations of schizophrenia can create confusion about the illness
- Understand the causes of schizophrenia
- Understand how schizophrenia can affect the individual and others
- Understand how schizophrenia may be managed
This course can be taken over a 12 month period but you can complete it as fast or as slowly as you wish.
To gain this TQUK Level 2 Certificate in Mental Health Awareness qualification you will need to submit, and pass, all of the tutor marked assignments. There are 10 assignments in the course and no need to purchase any textbooks as we provide all of the lessons and materials required to learn the syllabus.
All assignments are coursework based and are in an essay/question and answer style to test your knowledge of the topics covered in each of the course sections.
All of our students are given access to our online campus through their own personal login and password. Once logged in you can access your course materials, lessons, resources and assignments in your own time. Assignments are uploaded through your account and the process is easy intuitive. Our online campus includes:
- 24/7/365 access to all of your course materials- all lessons, assignments and resources are available from the moment you enrol
- Instant access to your course after you enrol- start studying immediately!
- Integrated chat and messaging systems so that you can contact your tutor
- Online assignment uploads to save time in returning marks and feedback.
- Links to further resources and information available on courses
- Self-led learning on all courses- study in your own time and work through your assignments at your own pace
- Safe e-portfolio of your work is kept under lock and key on our secure servers
- Progress bar to show the work you have completed and how many tasks you still have to complete on your course
- Detailed help centre with step-by-step instructions on getting the most from your course and how to upload assignments and contact your tutor
To pass this course learners must pass 10 units set by the awarding body. These are completed by navigating through the corresponding lessons and writing your answers to assignment questions. Once these have been read and marked by your personal tutor, feedback and marks are provided to students which contain helpful tips to improve work in future assignments.
The most important tool that all of our students have at their disposal is their tutor. When studying for a course with us you are assigned a personal tutor with indepth knowledge and experience in your chosen subject.
You are strongly advised to make use of your tutors expertise and ask questions about the course content. Your assignments are marked by your personal tutor and detailed feedback is given. As well as this your tutor will provide you with pointers and advice on where you can improve- this helps you to get the most from your courses and constantly improve your skills.
All of our courses are allocated plenty of time for students to complete their studies and all materials are self-led so that you can complete the course at your own pace. Should you require additional time on one of our courses you can extend your enrolment by 30 days for an additional fee of £60.
As well as this we operate a 14 day money back guarantee on every one of our qualifications- that’s how confident we are of how you will love studying with us!
Who is this course for?
Upon completion of this qualification students are awarded an TQUK Level 2 certificate and an OLC Certificate. All certification fees are included in your course fees. Qualification Code 603/0156/9.
This course is designed to help support progression to employment for job roles including:
- Care assistants
- Mental health support workers
- Home care support workers
- Healthcare support service worker
- Mental health outreach worker
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.