Oakwood Home Learning
Add to basket or enquire
This TQUK Level 2 Certificate in Mental Health Awareness course is perfect for anyone that wishes to gain a further understanding of different mental health issues. The course covers a number of different mental health problems and is a fully recognised qualification so students can use the course to start working in mental health roles.
Studying for this TQUK Level 2 Certificate in Mental Health Awareness will help you to gain a good understanding of mental health needs and how to deal with these. The course covers a wide range of mental health issues and the ways in which these affect an individual. It also looks at how to manage these illnesses and work with people on tackling mental health issues.
Study Time: 130 hours
Enrolment length: 12 months
Course Format: Paper Based
This qualification is regulated and approved by TQUK, a leading, Ofqual approved, awarding organisation that work to the highest possible standards. Currently with over 60,000 learners across 50 countries, TQUK are one of the fast-growing awarding bodies in the UK offering fully regulated qualifications that are great for students looking to launch a career in a variety of sectors.
This TQUK Level 2 Certificate in Mental Health Awareness course assesses the following units:
Unit 1: Understanding Stress
- Understand the term ‘stress’
- Understand possible causes of stress
- Understand what stress feels like and how it can affect an individual
- Understand that demands of daily life can contribute to feelings of stress
- Understand how stress may be managed and know some of the resources available to support the individual experiencing stress
Unit 2: Understanding Anxiety
- Understand the term terms anxiety and panic attack
- Understand possible causes of anxiety
- Understand how anxiety can affect the individual and others
- Understand how different ways of thinking and behaving can affect anxiety
- Understand how anxiety may be managed
Unit 3: Understanding Bipolar Disorder
- Understand the term ‘bipolar disorder’
- Understand the causes of bipolar disorder
- Understand how bipolar disorder can affect the individual and others
- Understand how the demands of daily life can influence the presentation of symptoms of bipolar disorder
- Understand how to recognise the symptoms of bipolar disorder
- Understand how bipolar disorder may be managed
Unit 4: Understanding Dementia
- Understand the term ‘dementia’
- Understand the causes of dementia
- Understand how dementia can affect the individual and others
- Understand how dementia may be managed
- Understand factors which may adversely affect a person with dementia
Unit 5: Understanding Depression
- Understand the term ‘depression’
- Understand possible causes of depression
- Understand how depression affects the individual and others
- Understand how the demands of daily life can affect depression
- Understand how depression can be managed
Unit 6: Understanding Eating Disorders
- Understand the term ‘eating disorder’
- Understand the causes of eating disorders
- Understand how an eating disorder may affect the individual and others
- Understand how a specific eating disorder may be managed
Unit 7: Understanding Mental Health
- Know what is meant by mental health and mental ill-health
- Understand how mental health care has changed over time
- Understand the social context of mental illness
- Understand the legal contact of mental illness
Unit 8: Understanding Phobias
- Understand the term ‘phobias’
- Understand possible causes of phobias
- Understand how a phobia can affect the individual and others
- Understand how phobias may be managed
Unit 9: Understanding Post-Natal Depression
- Understand the term ‘postnatal depression’
- Understand the causes of postnatal depression
- Understand puerperal psychosis
- Understand how postnatal depression can affect the mother and other
- Understand how preparation for the birth can help reduce the risk of postnatal depression
- Understand how postnatal depression may be managed
- Understand how puerperal psychosis may be managed
Unit 10: Understanding Schizophrenia
- Understand the term ‘schizophrenia’
- Understand how the media representations of schizophrenia can create confusion about the illness
- Understand the causes of schizophrenia
- Understand how schizophrenia can affect the individual and others
- Understand how schizophrenia may be managed
This course can be taken over a 12 month period but you can complete it as fast or as slowly as you wish.
This course is assessed through tutor marked assignments which must be sent to your tutor for marking. You will then be provided with feedback and a mark on your work from your tutor within 4 working days. After each assignment has been sent off and marked as complete you will have passed the course and will receive your certification.
All of the shipping costs for our courses are included in the enrolment fees and we offer worldwide shipping free of charge. This means you can get started on your course for much less without the hassle of paying expensive postage costs- you can leave these to us. All of our courses are printed, bound and shipped to you first class, within 1 working day, so you can get enrolled and get started on your new course in no time at all.
All of our courses come with full tutor support throughout so that you can benefit from the best education. Our tutor support team includes a number of professionals from a wide variety of backgrounds- each one an expert in their own field with tutoring experience in abundance. Students at Oakwood are assigned a personal tutor who provides help and support throughout their course and will mark all of your assignments so that you have the personal touch of an industry expert there to help at all times. This tutor support is completely unlimited- which means you can contact your tutor and ask as many questions as you need when working through your course. With this support you will never feel alone on one of our courses and you will always be backed by a professionally qualified team dedicated to your success.
All of our courses are allocated plenty of time for students to complete their studies and all materials are self-led so that you can complete the course at your own pace. Should you require additional time on one of our courses you can extend your enrolment by 30 days for an additional fee of £60.
As well as this we operate a 14 day money back guarantee on every one of our qualifications- that’s how confident we are of how you will love studying with us!
Who is this course for?
Anyone looking to work in mental health or gain a full understanding of a variety of mental issues.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
This course is designed to help support progression to employment for job roles including:
- Care assistants
- Mental health support workers
- Home care support workers
- Healthcare support service worker
- Mental health outreach worker
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.