Online Learning College
Add to basket or enquireEnquire now
Studying for this TQUK Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills will help you to develop your skills of working with clients through difficulties they may face. The course is fully recognised and Ofqual approved so is the perfect qualification for anyone looking to work in a counselling role.
About this Course
By studying the TQUK Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills, students will have a much better understanding of how to work with people that have a range of psychological difficulties. The course is ideal for people that are looking to begin work in the mental health field and require a fully recognised qualification to working a wide range of job roles.
Upon completion of this qualification students are awarded an TQUK Level 2 certificate and an OLC Certificate. All certification fees are included in your course fees. Qualification Code 601/7815/2.
To gain this TQUK Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills qualification you will need to submit, and pass, all of the tutor marked assignments. There are 6 assignments in the course and no need to purchase any textbooks as we provide all of the lessons and materials required to learn the syllabus.
All assignments that are coursework based and are in an essay/question and answer style to test your knowledge of the topics covered in each of the course sections. On this course there is also one assignment that will require you to record a role play counselling session with a friend or family member. A video will need to be uploaded for this that will be assessed by your tutor.
All of our students are given access to our online campus through their own personal login and password. Once logged in you can access your course materials, lessons, resources and assignments in your own time. Assignments are uploaded through your account and the process is easy intuitive. Our online campus includes:
- 24/7/365 access to all of your course materials- all lessons, assignments and resources are available from the moment you enrol
- Instant access to your course after you enrol- start studying immediately!
- Integrated chat and messaging systems so that you can contact your tutor
- Online assignment uploads to save time in returning marks and feedback.
- Links to further resources and information available on courses
- Self-led learning on all courses- study in your own time and work through your assignments at your own pace
- Safe e-portfolio of your work is kept under lock and key on our secure servers
- Progress bar to show the work you have completed and how many tasks you still have to complete on your course
- Detailed help centre with step-by-step instructions on getting the most from your course and how to upload assignments and contact your tutor
To pass this course learners must pass 4 units set by the awarding body which have been broken down into 6 sections on the course. These are completed by navigating through the corresponding lessons and writing your answers to assignment questions. Once these have been read and marked by your personal tutor, feedback and marks are provided to students which contain helpful tips to improve work in future assignments.
The course contains 5 assignments that are written and 1 that requires you to carry out a practical counselling session. This practical session can be done with a friend or family member who is playing the role of a client and must be recorded then uploaded to the online campus. To be able to complete this recording you will need to use a video camera or smart phone with a video and audio function so students should have access to this equipment in preparation for the course.
This TQUK Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills course assesses the following units:
Unit 1: Developing self-understanding and personal qualities
- Identifying your own values and beliefs
- How values and beliefs could affect helping relationships
- Motivation for helping others
- Blocks to listening and learning
- Benefits of giving feedback for personal development
- Identifying strengths in the helping relationship
- Areas for development
- Developing skills and qualities as a counsellor
Unit 2: Identifying and accessing support
- Support needs for counsellors
- Accessing support
- Using personal and professional support to highlight issues in counselling
- Observations, thoughts, feelings and concerns when using counselling skills
- Benefits of self-reflection
Unit 3: Core counselling skills
- Core counselling skills
- Using core skills in counselling
- Effective communication
- Boundaries in counselling relationships
- Conduct of the counsellor
- Objectives of a new helping relationship
- Strategies for ending relationships
- The impact of a helping relationship ending
Unit 4: Demonstrating counselling skills
- Counselling skills in a helping relationship
- Commentary from the case study
- Assessment tips
Unit 5: Introduction to counselling skills and theories
- Key elements of counselling theories
- Childhood experiences
- Alfred Adler
- Carl Jung
- Object relations theory and ego psychology
- Key elements of person-centred theory
- Maslow’s hierarchy of needs
- Key elements of cognitive behavioural theory
- B.F. Skinner and operant conditioning
- The ABC Model
- Key differences between theories
- How counselling theories underpin the use of counselling skills
Unit 6: Diversity and ethics
- Ethical frameworks
- Key aspects of ethical frameworks
- How ethical frameworks inform counselling skills
- Experiences of discrimination
- Considering discrimination
- Anti-discriminatory practices and legislation
- How diversity impacts counselling relationships
- Addressing differences in counselling skills practice
This course can be taken over a 12 month period but you can complete it as fast or as slowly as you wish.
The most important tool that all of our students have at their disposal is their tutor. When studying for a course with us you are assigned a personal tutor with indepth knowledge and experience in your chosen subject.
You are strongly advised to make use of your tutors expertise and ask questions about the course content. Your assignments are marked by your personal tutor and detailed feedback is given. As well as this your tutor will provide you with pointers and advice on where you can improve- this helps you to get the most from your courses and constantly improve your skills.
All of our courses are allocated plenty of time for students to complete their studies and all materials are self-led so that you can complete the course at your own pace. Should you require additional time on one of our courses you can extend your enrolment by 30 days for an additional fee of £60.
As well as this we operate a 14 day money back guarantee on every one of our qualifications- that’s how confident we are of how you will love studying with us!
Who is this course for?
Anyone looking to work in a counselling role.
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.